Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Proof on what happens when you turbo a h23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very impressive numbers. its good to see somebody make something out of there H23. but goddamnit you get rid of some of that clutter. 2 cents.
    -1997 Acura 2.2CL 5MT (Frost White)-
    -JDM H22A Engine-M2A4 Trans

Comment

Gratz, Very impressive number with a built H23 turbo.. my question is the daily drivability on 93 pump gas.. what psi and a/f at low boost setting? what rpm do u hit your high boost psi on pump gas? what rpm do you shift at in high boost? after each shift what rpm do you end up?

thank this let me know the stat of the h23 boost engine/tranny for refferences.

Well done, and keep that engine runing
      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

is this the car you're bringing to the meet? later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Answer........

Originally posted by blazen_accord
          Gratz, Very impressive number with a built H23 turbo.. my question is the daily drivability on 93 pump gas.. what psi and a/f at low boost setting? what rpm do u hit your high boost psi on pump gas? what rpm do you shift at in high boost? after each shift what rpm do you end up?

thank this let me know the stat of the h23 boost engine/tranny for refferences.

Well done, and keep that engine runing
          Oh yeah it is a daily drivable on 93 pump gas......The psi is set to 8 on low boost and the a/f is at 11 when it boosts......Boost usually hits at 2500 rpms. and it is the same for high and low boost....Well to be honest the S300 has a shift light built in so when it's time for me to shift the check engine light flashes so I switch gears when the light comes on.....So I kinda didn't answer your question but in the same effect I did....Sorry
          Last edited by 93sleeper; 02-13-2008, 01:26 AM.

My honda sitting on some Honda Accord Euro R Rims

My Parts for Sale HIT ME UP IF YOUR INTERESTED!!
          http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/fred1618/

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
            Well a jdm h22 is not fun at all mated with an auto f trans
            thats true LOL

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Trying to bring it to the meet.....

Originally posted by TypeG
              is this the car you're bringing to the meet? later.
              I am trying to bring it to the meet....I don't know what going on yet because the dates have changed again....It looks like we are trying to do it on the 1st of March which is the same time as Hot import night which is cool but it kinda takes away the whole idea of a cb7 meeting.I am still trying to come out there through.

Comment

very impressive. this is good info for my friend since he's been wanting to boost his H23

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOTO
                  very impressive. this is good info for my friend since he's been wanting to boost his H23
                  If he needs help let me know.....Just let him know up front he can get most of all his internal stuff from Crower. For at least, right now they seem to be the only company that makes CamShaft, Rods, and other componets for that motor. If he has any questions or concerns let me know and I try to give him some advice. To me this is a very powerful motor but that's just me.....

Comment

Originally posted by 93sleeper
                    Oh yeah it is a daily drivable on 93 pump gas......The psi is set to 8 on low boost and the a/f is at 11 when it boosts......Boost usually hits at 2500 rpms. and it is the same for high and low boost....Well to be honest the S300 has a shift light built in so when it's time for me to shift the check engine light flashes so I switch gears when the light comes on.....So I kinda didn't answer your question but in the same effect I did....Sorry
                    which compression ratio piston did you go with? do you recall how much hp/tq u are making on high boost/low boost on pump gas? I am trying to see if higher or lower compression piston make that much different.. I was planing to built up my engine with higher compression than most turbo setup and run lower boost number, plan to get a custom made piston with comp 10:1. my local tunner is great and there a 100 octane pump nearby too.
                    90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                    < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

which compression ratio piston did you go with? do you recall how much hp/tq u are making on high boost/low boost on pump gas? I am trying to see if higher or lower compression piston make that much different.. I was planing to built up my engine with higher compression than most turbo setup and run lower boost number, plan to get a custom made piston with comp 10:1. my local tunner is great and there a 100 octane pump nearby too.
                      I ran with the 9 to 1 compression ratio. On low low boost on pump gas I am making like 290hp with 250 tq and on high boost I like 375hp with like 325-335tq......The guy who tuned my car recommended not to go over 400 hp when running 93 octane. Also, JE makes a 10:1 piston for the h23 if you looking for that.....It comes with the rings as well.....
                      http://www.crower.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?prod_id=99273-4

The only thing I have heard abour running high compression is you can only run really low boost on it. The numbers that you will get out of low compression compared to high compression is no comparision because you can put more stress on the motor....I am not sure what research you have done but that is based on what I have seen and heard....The main question I would want to ask is why go through all that work and limit yourself on how much boost that you can run? Let me know what you think....

Comment

I am trying to bring it to the meet....I don't know what going on yet because the dates have changed again....It looks like we are trying to do it on the 1st of March which is the same time as Hot import night which is cool but it kinda takes away the whole idea of a cb7 meeting.I am still trying to come out there through.
                        they decided to do it on Sunday March 9th, if your still intrested. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I ran with the 9 to 1 compression ratio. On low low boost on pump gas I am making like 290hp with 250 tq and on high boost I like 375hp with like 325-335tq......The guy who tuned my car recommended not to go over 400 hp when running 93 octane. Also, JE makes a 10:1 piston for the h23 if you looking for that.....It comes with the rings as well.....
                          http://www.crower.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?prod_id=99273-4

The main question I would want to ask is why go through all that work and limit yourself on how much boost that you can run? Let me know what you think....[/FONT]
                          I have not seen any1 make turbo 10:1 piston for h22. main reason for high comp low boost is... faster full boost power, no lag waiting for full boost-minimize boost lost between shift.. it easier to get to and stay at 18psi vs 30+psi while making same power... good for quick races vs big block v8 and v10 and superchared v6. less time playing catchup more time staying ahead. just my point of view seen a few friend who done this way.

Comment

High compression doesn't mean you can't run high boost... It just means that you decrease the margin of error. You have a lot less room to screw up with high compression!

Comment

I have not seen any1 make turbo 10:1 piston for h22. main reason for high comp low boost is... faster full boost power, no lag waiting for full boost-minimize boost lost between shift.. it easier to get to and stay at 18psi vs 30+psi while making same power... good for quick races vs big block v8 and v10 and superchared v6. less time playing catchup more time staying ahead. just my point of view seen a few friend who done this way.

Is this what your looking for......
                              http://www.crower.com/cat/import/honda/pistons/je_pistons.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                                they decided to do it on Sunday March 9th, if your still intrested. later.
                                Yeah I am going to roll through for sure.....I really want to met all the Cb7member in the A.....Share some knowledge and some insight on our cars

Comment

Working...
                                X