Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Proof on what happens when you turbo a h23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures of the engine bay.....

Well the reason why I don't post this in the turbo section is because I don't have enough postings to post anywhere but in the beginner section.....

Anyway here is the picture of the engine bay......

Here is the picture of the front.....Where is the intercooler.....SMilin

Let me know what you guys think.......Really in the end, I know it's "comparing vanilla and chocolate" like one Cb7 member said. But I have to admit I like the h23 better....We will be here all day comparing the h22 to h23a....Just wanted to show you guys what the h23 can do!! Love all the feedback....Later

My honda sitting on some Honda Accord Euro R Rims

My Parts for Sale HIT ME UP IF YOUR INTERESTED!!
    http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/fred1618/

Comment

That's alot of power and a mean-looking engine bay How much psi you ran to get it? You can tell us. Nice little cover up with the front plate with the intercooler behind it
      [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

The PSI question

Originally posted by AG17CB7
        That's alot of power and a mean-looking engine bay How much psi you ran to get it? You can tell us. Nice little cover up with the front plate with the intercooler behind it

To get those numbers all I have to do is run like 20 psi. I have to run race gas and have my setting on high boost. I have a setting that I switch from high to low boost which in my glove box and I also have a program that I have to download from my laptop that runs 93 octane and I also have one for race gas.I currently only run the 93 octane and sometimes switch from high to low boost depending on the conditions. With the S300 the boost control is all together.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          Didn't straightedge top 400 on race gas with the stock bottom end?
          hahha stock motor mike. bottom end off a 200k f22
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

So you are comparing a boosted H23 vs an NA H22?

I would still rather have the NA H22 personally, but then again the H22 makes pretty ridiculous numbers boosted.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

To the OP..

To the Op, I hear Tony Does good work. He's the guy that does the tuning for Chuck Setsinger's turbo race civic. If you don't mind me asking how much did the tuning cost? There is no one here in Oklahoma city that can tune. However, Tony does fly up to Chucks shop a few times a year to tune local cars. And that may be one of my few options if i ever get to save some money to get my parts in. I have to make a tough call to either buy some parts or pay off some debt's. I'm getting $3k on the 15th and decided to pay off the debts while i have chance. . So I'm happy yet very sad at the the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                .1L does not equal massive torque. With turbo, an H22 could make similar power. It's impressive, but I'm not convinced that the H23 is any better with turbo than the H22 or F22A

The displacement really isn't considerable between the two. I'm sure it helps, but not hugely. The big advantage with the H22 is the head flow, something turbos could take great advantage of. Let's not forget, the fastest Prelude right now belongs to Steve Oachs, and he's pushing nearly 1,000 horsepower using a supercharged H22. I'm sure it doesn't have VTEC anymore because it's pointless on the track, so you have to look at the other differences, rod ratio, better balanced crank shaft, head flow. Something about them must be better as an initial platform than what the H23 offers. There's also the oil squirters, those are always benificial, VTEC or not.

These are things neither the F22 or the H23 offers. The only good thing about the F22 for boost is you don't have to do much to it to get started. As durable as FRM is, iron is stronger... I don't believe I've ever heard of sleeves being made of FRM. Plus the low compression ratio. You can slap a turbo right on the F22 and it'll be happy, as long as the boost is low enough. But by the time you start building things start to balance out, you'll want the DOHC and the bigger bore of the H series, which leaves the F22 behind, putting it between the H23 and the H22, and like I said... lots of differences there. And really you can build both to be exactly the same, until you get to that head, and plain and simply, the way that the port pattern is on the H22 as opposed to the H23 we all know is differeth, that's why F22 and H23 components are interchangible, H22 and these two are not. That means that no matter what you can't change an H23 head to match the H22 flow pattern, which could mean that it's not going to flow as much, even ported for ported. I wouldn't dog on any one of the engines, they have their advantages, mostly in start up cost and hybrid options. But what it comes down to is there's a reason to love any one of them. It just depends what you're doing. IMHO.

Either way, that said, huge congratulations to the OP on those numbers, that's beautiful.

Comment

The F22A head has the ability to outflow the H22A head.

Comment

Originally posted by jumpman83
                    That means that no matter what you can't change an H23 head to match the H22 flow pattern, which could mean that it's not going to flow as much, even ported for ported. I wouldn't dog on any one of the engines, they have their advantages, mostly in start up cost and hybrid options. But what it comes down to is there's a reason to love any one of them. It just depends what you're doing. IMHO.

Either way, that said, huge congratulations to the OP on those numbers, that's beautiful.
                    I would have to disagree in that stand point. I feel your point but on the same effect crower is making some parts for the H23a head. I think the head flow of the h23 can match the h22. Before this year no one was making replacement parts for the h23 so that why you haven't seen anyone really push the envolope of the h23a.

Tony did some work on my head and as you can see it made some impressive numbers. When tony dynoed my car he said the turbo ran out of power. He told me that the engine could handle a whole lot more but really with those torque number why even bother. The reason why I am bring this up is because I know my engine could do more with a ball bearing turbo but at this point I really didn't see the point....My whole point is the possiblities of the h23a in my mind is really questionable. I know a lot of people may disagree but hey come sit with me in the car when I flip it on high boost and feel the torque literally throw you in the seat and then let's talk....Smilin

Comment

Congrats on the engine set up.

Comment

honestly? i drive a h22 and i prefer the h23. thats just me i guess

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur
                          honestly? i drive a h22 and i prefer the h23. thats just me i guess
                          Well a jdm h22 is not fun at all mated with an auto f trans

Comment

I appreciate it.......

Originally posted by ricky1969
                            Congrats on the engine set up.
                            Thank you very much man....It was a long process but finally and I mean finally I got the numbers I wanted. Just to give some insight on what happend. I tried to run a Water to Air intercooler and in the process my engine blow up. The Water to Air intercooler gave me 300 hp with like 250 torque which was cool. In the process of dynoing at Balance Performance in atlanta the engne blow up basically. I had someone in Atlanta build the engine for me and in the end the engine wasn't built right....So then I went to Tony and now you see the end product.

Comment

Mind if I ask how much the setup + tuning ran you? I'm moving down to Texas this summer, and was thinking of getting something built.

Awesome numbers by the way! I love H23!

Oh...and whoever said iron is stronger than FRM...do some research.
                              People assume that you have to sleeve an H23/22 because the FRM sleeves are weak. WRONG. You sleeve them because you cannot run forged pistons (with the exception of Mahle Gold Series) with FRM sleeves.
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Hard to say how much I spend on the setup

Originally posted by foamypirate
                                Mind if I ask how much the setup + tuning ran you? I'm moving down to Texas this summer, and was thinking of getting something built.

Awesome numbers by the way! I love H23!

Oh...and whoever said iron is stronger than FRM...do some research.
                                People assume that you have to sleeve an H23/22 because the FRM sleeves are weak. WRONG. You sleeve them because you cannot run forged pistons (with the exception of Mahle Gold Series) with FRM sleeves.
                                In a way your are right that you don't have to sleeve the h23 but if your going to run high boost or even put minor to major pressure on the engine for a long period of time it only make sense for you to sleeve the engine.

Now since Tony did the complete build on the motor he only charged me his flat rate for the dyno. Now as for the setup, what exactly do you want to know, because he did a lot of stuff on my car. Really I would advice you to give him a call and just tell him what you want to do to the motor and see what he says because my setup was pretty involved. Also keep in mind Tony is very very good and does amazing work.....If you doubt me on that ask anyone in Honda Tech. The reason why I went to him was to do this once and only once and not waste money and get good REALIABLE quality.....I can advise on lot of things not to do and on lot of things to do. My best advise to getting an idea of what numbers you want to make and hit me back and I will give you my advise and also give you what obstacles that I have hit in the process. In the end, I learned a lot and I be happy to share my knowledge. If you choose my advise cool...if not I still will respect your choices....Just let me know what happens so I can also learn from you as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X