Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Proof on what happens when you turbo a h23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.1L does not equal massive torque. With turbo, an H22 could make similar power. It's impressive, but I'm not convinced that the H23 is any better with turbo than the H22 or F22A

Comment

Answer to some of your questions.....

Originally posted by d112crzy
      FRM sleeves are very strong and durable.

Pistons/ringlands will go before anything else does.

Good job on the power. Who built/tuned it for you?

For all you boys at are in Texas, I got my engine built in tuned from T1 Racing by Tony Palo.

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
      thats crazy power for a non-vtec h series. whats ur mod list like?
      Man thanks for props!! It's been a long process but I just wanted to show everyone why I love the h23. I used Crower Rods and JE pistons. I got my engine sleeved at Golden Eagle. I am using the S300 to controll everything. My homeboy has a h22 and he got his sleeved by Golden Eagle but his car does have that torque numbers that I have. I am planning to take it to the Commerce this summer and see what it does. Trust I will keep you guys posted. I plan to post a complete mod list later with some more pictures.....Based on this situation, where both engine are sleeved by Golden Eagle he had like 509 with I like 300 torque I still feel that FRM does play a factor at all but I could be wrong

Big Question.....But I still wanted to know based on how easy it is to get the h23a and now you see what it can do....Which one would be good to get for someone who is starting out and want to turbo a motor with a tight budget...

My honda sitting on some Honda Accord Euro R Rims

My Parts for Sale HIT ME UP IF YOUR INTERESTED!!
      http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/fred1618/

Comment

yea dood...post up your engine bay in the turbo setups thread or somethin' share the world your sexiness hahaaha. But dayum! 504 hp/and 437 tq? holy shizzle ..that's very close to Lodolla's...o man...i gotta see these 2 go at it on the drag strip on video!

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Give me a couple of hours I will Provide some pics

I plan to provide some pics for you guys....Give me a couple of hours....

My honda sitting on some Honda Accord Euro R Rims

My Parts for Sale HIT ME UP IF YOUR INTERESTED!!
          http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/fred1618/

Comment

Originally posted by 93sleeper

o man no worries...take your time dood.

*Needs*
            -New shocks
            -Struts
            -Drop
            -Cleaning
            -New Tires/Wheels
            -New Window Tint
            -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Big Question.....But I still wanted to know based on how easy it is to get the h23a and now you see what it can do....Which one would be good to get for someone who is starting out and want to turbo a motor with a tight budget...
              If I went turbo, I'd do it to an F22A. The money saved by not swapping for a different motor can go into some worthwhile mods (internals, better turbo, tuning, or the majority of the cost of a resleeve...)

Comment

Ooh ooohh ooooh!

I am so very exciteded!

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                Honda Accord Euro-R
                Honda Odyssey Absolute
                Honda City I-DSi
                Honda Stream

Comment

Jesus man.. thats insane wish i had 20 grand for that.
                  90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                  2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                    The problem with turbo'd H22 is that the sleeves arnt very strong, and the difference between the H23 and H22 is the head and .1L . So your still stuck with the weak sleeves.
                    sleeves on a h22 can handle 600+ since its a closed deck. on a h23 they handle the same as a f22
                    miss my turbo cb7
                    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                      sleeves on a h22 can handle 600+ since its a closed deck. on a h23 they handle the same as a f22
                      Only the 92-96 H22s were closed deck.

I wouldn't push stock sleeves that far. FRM is very strong, but it's not made for that sort of abuse. It MIGHT hold 600+. straightedge is making 400+ on a stock-block F22... However, I wouldn't consider either to be a "this is what it can do" example.

The rule of thumb that I go by is that Honda sleeves should be replaced when you double the power of the stock engine. That's leaving a good deal of room to be safe, but I'd rather spend the money once to do it right.

Comment

Meh, not impressive then.

The OP did none of the work. Boring.

H23 stock sleeves have been known to hold 500whp.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

If being on a budget is a concern, just turbo the f22. There are plenty of examples of it making good power, and straightedge was close to 300 hp and with my big 16g I hope to do the same. Good numbers you put down regardless, but if budget is a concern, stick with the f22.
                          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Didn't straightedge top 400 on race gas with the stock bottom end?

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              Meh, not impressive then.

The OP did none of the work. Boring.

H23 stock sleeves have been known to hold 500whp.
                              Since thats not the point of his thread and post# 6589 is completely irrelevant , I'd say the numbers coming out that motor are impressive. Regardless of who built it.

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
                                I'd say the numbers coming out that motor are impressive. Regardless of who built it.
                                That depends.

How many pounds did you have to push to get that much power?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                                X