Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Proof on what happens when you turbo a h23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof on what happens when you turbo a h23

Most of you guys on here love the h22 over the h23a(92-96 si). I understand why......because of the V-tec and that's cool. But my question is....what happens when you turbo the h22 vs. h23? Now that's a different ball game and I want to show you guys what happens. I am currently running a h23 in my 2 door accord. I had it built and turboed and I am running a T3/T4 60-1. Anyway, take a look at this dyno sheet and let me know you think. Now just imagine you had the h22 you would get the same horsepower or maybe a little bit more with about mid 200 torque while I am running about the around same horsepower with a mid 400 torque? Which motor would you go with h22 or the h23? Also it's all h23, I never changed the top end....So what you guys think?

My honda sitting on some Honda Accord Euro R Rims

My Parts for Sale HIT ME UP IF YOUR INTERESTED!!
    http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/fred1618/

that graph is 56k friendly.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The problem with turbo'd H22 is that the sleeves arnt very strong, and the difference between the H23 and H22 is the head and .1L . So your still stuck with the weak sleeves.
      wat?

Comment

cant see

Comment

i think euro r wheels are cool. + you may need some pics for the nay sayers

Comment

Sorry the graph is kinda small

Sorry it is kinda small.....So here is the sum up of it....

Horsepower: 504.1
            Torque: 437

Comment

Finally got it.....

Here it is.....I probably would got more power but the tires started slipping on the dyno..Smilin

Comment

You lost me.....

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                The problem with turbo'd H22 is that the sleeves arnt very strong, and the difference between the H23 and H22 is the head and .1L . So your still stuck with the weak sleeves.

I am lost on what you mean. Both motors are built for a turbo setup so they are both sleeved.....So why do sleeves become an issue? I am lost....

Comment

Originally posted by 93sleeper
                  I am lost on what you mean. Both motors are built for a turbo setup so they are both sleeved.....So why do sleeves become an issue? I am lost....
                  I fink he meant the strength of the sleeves

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                  Honda Accord Euro-R
                  Honda Odyssey Absolute
                  Honda City I-DSi
                  Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                    FRM sleeves are very strong and durable.

Pistons/ringlands will go before anything else does.

Good job on the power. Who built/tuned it for you?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

not to be a wise ass or anything but what does FRM stand for anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
                        not to be a wise ass or anything but what does FRM stand for anyways?
                        bump* im curious too ???lol

8 Accords so far:
                        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

fiber reinforced metal

from wiki
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_matrix_composite
                          "Honda has used aluminum metal matrix composite cylinder liners in some of their engines, including the B21A1, H22A and H23A, F20C and F22C, and the C32B used in the NSX. Toyota has since used metal matrix composites in the Yamaha designed 2ZZ-GE engine which is used in the later Lotus Lotus Elise S2 versions as well as Toyota car models. Porsche also uses MMCs to reinforce the engine's cylinder sleeves in the Boxster and 911."

from turbo mag
                          http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/06.../photo_14.html

Comment

thats crazy power for a non-vtec h series. whats ur mod list like?

Comment

Pics of the setup?
                              And while im not a big h22 guy myself, I think that if there is a flaw in your logic. If someone were to build an h22 they would come out with more than just the tq levels you are saying. However, if you are talking about non built h22 vs non built h23, then yes, I believe the H23 will produce better power and hold more boost.
                              I could be wrong, but thats just my mode of thought.
                              Awesome numbers though, pics? mod list? psi? how are you tuned?
                              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Working...
                              X