Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Temp gauge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp gauge question

I bought a temp gauge today, and it says that i need to remove the original temp sensor to put in my new one that goes to the gauge. I know the front temp swtich is on the front of the motor, but where is this other sensor that they speak of, im not 100% sure about doing it this way, so any imput on what otehrs did would be cool (if it helps, its an Iequus gauge from Walmart, i bought the full set, and im putting 2 of them in.
    I know they are cheap, but they work, and they look really cool
    Thanks.
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

The temp gauge sensor is the red one wire sensor below you distributor.
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Here is the thing though, my gauge comes with a sensor... so the sensor has to thread into the head/housing. I have all the adapters for it. Im just wondering if anything will happen if i remove the stock sensor and put this one in (leaving the pigtail open and seal it with some tape so nothing goes in there)
      thanks

Comment

Here are some pics of what im trying to describe. Hopefully it helps.

Does the end of the line going from the gauge thread into where the existing sensor is, or is there a way aorund this..? Cause i thought disconnecting a thermostat sensor/sender will actually make your ECU pop a code, and cause overheating....
        Any imput on this.... please?

Comment

Find a T fitting and thread it in.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

So in other words, both sensors MUST be there?

Comment

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m...400/16-128.pdf (second page)

That's a mechanical temp gauge. Do NOT attempt to disconnect the sendor wire.

Unbolt the existing temp sensor and thread in the new sensor, after snaking it through from the passenger compartment.

The temp gauge sensor only runs the gauge....but the other ones run the ECU and fans. Don't touch them.
              2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
              Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
              1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m...400/16-128.pdf (second page)

That's a mechanical temp gauge. Do NOT attempt to disconnect the sendor wire.

Unbolt the existing temp sensor and thread in the new sensor, after snaking it through from the passenger compartment.

The temp gauge sensor only runs the gauge....but the other ones run the ECU and fans. Don't touch them.
                Ok, im think im missing somehting here, so i take out the old sensor, and do what with it? All i want is this gauge to be functional, so am i going to need to splice things together, or disconnect something... I think now im more confused then anything... If i need to get a T connector, i will. I can get them through work.

Comment

Originally posted by js593
                  Ok, im think im missing somehting here, so i take out the old sensor, and do what with it? All i want is this gauge to be functional, so am i going to need to splice things together, or disconnect something... I think now im more confused then anything... If i need to get a T connector, i will. I can get them through work.
                  Do you want to keep both gauges functional? Or just the new one?
                  Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.

Comment

It doesnt matter as long as i have one working. If the new one works, i would prefer that, its more acurate.
                    EDIT:
                    I just wanna make sure that i dont have any codes being thrown when im only using the one. And i wanna make sure that when i put the old one back in for whatever reason, nothing bad will happen.
                    Last edited by js593; 02-09-2008, 06:31 PM.

Comment

anything...?

Comment

The temp gauge sensor just drives the temp gauge. It's not hooked to the ECU or the fans.

Just make sure you pull the right one!

Comment

Yeah, the one under the dizzy is the one for the gauge correct? And the one on the front of the motor is the switch for the rad fans?

Comment

Don't go by what I say....just check it out yourself.

Comment

Ok, i got the jist of it... but im having a problem.... The length of the wire going from the gauge to the head is about 3 feet short.. *FFS* What can i do to extend it....

Comment

Working...
                              X