Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 Swap. Got Wrong Tranny! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Swap. Got Wrong Tranny! Help!

I just purchased a H22a motor along with a tranny with the code P2A5. It was covered up til i scrubbed the paint away so i can see it. i think this is for the 5th Gen accords, maybe 94-95 dx or lx tranny. My question is, will this tranny fit? Do i have to drill and tap any holes like the prelude tranny? Or will it be better to just keep my accord tranny for now? I have a 93 accord EX coupe.(F22A6).

1994-1997 Honda Accord DX/LX manual F22B2

and you would have to check the drill and tap worksheet which i will provide

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...tapping+tranny

it says works for 5th gen trannys also but i have never done it. i got a manual h tranny but obviously didnt need tapped!

good luck man hope that helps

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

I don't know if it will fit. But I must say your pretty brave diving into a project like this with out really knowing what you have, and what it fits.
      Good luck. Really.
      Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Originally posted by Old School
        I don't know if it will fit. But I must say your pretty brave diving into a project like this with out really knowing what you have, and what it fits.
        Good luck. Really.
        all F/H series trannys are compatible with the exception of the S2000 motor and tranny.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I have it save to my favorites. You know, i thought i was getting a prelude tranny. i could not find the tranny code til i got home and did some cleaning. I figured it was a good deal, so i went ahead and got it.

Comment

how much did you pay for it?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Eight including ECU and the P2A5 tranny.

Comment

Not a bad deal considering... The tranny isn't really any better than what you have, but it IS newer... might be worth a swap. I'd sell both transmissions and try to pick up an H22 trans with LSD.

I forget if the 5th gen transmissions require modification, but if it does, the only thing you'll need to do is tap one hole as with the H22 tranny. Tapping a hole isn't hard (there's a DIY in the swaps forum).

Comment

Will the 97 and up tranny fit? Or do i need a 92-96 prelude tranny? What about the H23 tranny? I am in the process of searching right now.

Comment

i hear that 1990 thru 1997 trany are all the same if i was u i would just stick with the f series trany but make sure u get u a h22 trany in the mean time just to have . ps the f series trany has longer gear than the h series trany which mean u may hold a gear longer than ur average h series moter
                    [[

Comment

Originally posted by keon
                      i hear that 1990 thru 1997 trany are all the same if i was u i would just stick with the f series trany but make sure u get u a h22 trany in the mean time just to have . ps the f series trany has longer gear than the h series trany which mean u may hold a gear longer than ur average h series moter
                      exactly. it should work. and yes the longers gears really do suck balls

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Yeah tapping was pretty simple. Me and my homie did the swap ourselves. Beats paying someone to do it. The experience speaks for itself. Sell both trannys like Deev said to get a M2B4 or M2A4 or you can go USDM

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

3rd gear is kinda grinding right now on my CB. 210,000 miles on it. I wonder how much longer she will hold up. Swap is gonna be in the spring, so i will be on the look out for a good tranny.

Comment

Working...
                          X