Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

A Little Help Understanding CELs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Little Help Understanding CELs

To start things off, no my car is not throwing a CEL so please don't just post a link telling me how to pull a code for a CEL. That's not what I am asking about.

What I AM asking about is just how Accords notify you of a CEL. I noticed that on my dash there is a standard engine symbol light that looks like a lot of other CELs I have seen but there is also the light under the Tach, under which it says "maintenance required". Is THIS where you should look for a CEL? Mine is green but i have seen other accords with red ones.

Also, If your car is throwing more then one CEL, how do you know that there are 2 problems and how do you distinguish between codes when decoding CELs?

Thanks for the help.

The check engine light and the mantenance required thing are separate deals. the main. req. is just a dial that spins around and tells you when its time for service per honda standards.

The check engine light is what will turn on when your car sets a relevent code that requires the light to come one. as far as reading the code depending on the year of your car if its an early cb you can watch the light on the ecu under the passenger side carpet and watch the light sequence later cb's you have to use the service jumper and watch the check engine light flash.

as far as reading the code it will flash the code in succession. so for instance the code is a twenty three so youll get two long flashes ____ _____ and three short ones __ __ __ then a long pause before it flashes the next one.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

very nice[borat]

I was gonna say the same thing but you beat me to it.

*edit
      also when the code or codes are finished blinking it will start the whole process again, be sure to watch it again to be sure you have read the codes correctly.

Yup, its says 320

Comment

As said before, the CEL is just that... the Check Engine light.

Maintenance Required is just a counter. I leave mine red because I like the color better I freaked out when it first turned red, though. Took it to Pep Boys, and they tried to charge me $400 for a diagnostic and a tune up... Thankfully, I learned what it was on da intrawebz that night and didn't bring the car in the following morning

Comment

But I live in Hull too! Pm me if you need any parts as I have a few nice things lying around somewhere

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Working...
          X