Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lowering problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering problem...

ik want to drop my cb7 but if i do drop it the tyres line up straight with the guards... cos i have a set of 215/45 r17's anyone got any tips of wah i need to drop my accord.....

Tommy Gun.... Gunning It all dA waY...

hey man im gonna give you a heads up... your gonna have alot of people telling ya to research. all you gotta do is read through the threads and u will find alot of different shit about lowering your car and which brands are cheapest and best.

Comment

If you drop your car 1-1.5", you'll probably only need to get an alignment done. If you drop anything around 2" and up, you're going to need to get a camber kit to align the car properly so you don't chew up the inside edge of your nice expensive tires.
      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
      '93 EX 5-speed coupe
      Short ram intake
      Tenrai Himoto catback
      Smashed front end
      Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe
        hey man im gonna give you a heads up... your gonna have alot of people telling ya to research. all you gotta do is read through the threads and u will find alot of different shit about lowering your car and which brands are cheapest and best.
        Cant do that here bro, but it never hurts.
        Many people have lowered their accords, some up to 4 inches if you really wanna slam the ground, Look on peoples profiles with rims/lowering kits, and see what kind of options you have... in the mean time, i have to go wash my hands cause im tying with grease all over them :P
        Many tire sizes will vary, the wider you go, the taller it will sit, the lower you can possibly go, but keep in mind, lowering your car on old suspension is NOT a good idea, getting some bushings first and doing that would be a great precaution.
        90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
        2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/attachme...tid=5372&stc=1

Comment

slick ride, is that yours? If so, drop it 1.5 inch front, 1.75 rear. it will make it look really agressive.

Is that what it turns into!? :O

Comment

it turns into a skyline !!!!! wow howd you get that? Any way I think aslong as its 44mm offset youll be ok but not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                it turns into a skyline !!!!! wow howd you get that? Any way I think aslong as its 44mm offset youll be ok but not sure.
                LOL, i googled White Transformer... He has a tranformer decal on the car, thought it would look cool in the thread lolz.... its actually a semi though.. :P
                Video of burger king discontinuing the whopper is scarry....

Comment

YEah when i push my CB7 enough thats what it turns into... and starts to throw me around inside... LOLZ

yeah dahs mah ride... treats me eceptionally well... wish it was a DOHC though..
                  Last edited by hoonda83; 02-03-2008, 08:01 AM. Reason: adding more text

Comment

last night we droped my 92 ex coupe 2" in the front and 1.75" in rear. DIdnt work out my tires int the rear rubbed like a bitch great ride but when i turn the weight in the rear flexes to much and it rubs. my tires are 215 60r 17's so i think that is the problem i can only fit about a pinky inbetween the tire and guard. "not good"

Comment

Originally posted by royceafir
                      last night we droped my 92 ex coupe 2" in the front and 1.75" in rear. DIdnt work out my tires int the rear rubbed like a bitch great ride but when i turn the weight in the rear flexes to much and it rubs. my tires are 215 60r 17's so i think that is the problem i can only fit about a pinky inbetween the tire and guard. "not good"
                      holy sidewall batman!!!

you should be running a 40-45 series tire on a 17" wheel... 215/45/17

Comment

my bad i meant to say 215 45 r 17 we took the rear lowering springs out though it looks ok

Comment

How much of a drop will just alright and not hit the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCB4ever
                            How much of a drop will just alright and not hit the ground?
                            you need to drop a good 6" to reach ground... a basic 2" drop is perfect for street.

Comment

You dont have to get an alignment all the time. Some people can correct how the wheel sits by changing the offset of the tire they purchase so it sits flush.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X