Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wire Tuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire Tuck

Hey to all!!

I'm new here and don't want to waste anyones time....but also get those pesky 30 posts under my belt!! Anyway..I'm really looking into a MAJOR overhaul of my "90 . Total paint job is in the works and I'm doing a turbo build on the motor. Well...since my motor will be out, I would like to clean things up in the engine comp. Any advise on a wire tuck would be appreciated. Do I have to extend any wires, or can I get a false pannel/cover for the firewall or inner fender wells to hide wires/ fuses etc?

Later, Shavas.

Get creative and hide wires by yourself. There is no set DIY on wire tucks. There are people you can pay to do it but it will run you 350+ depending on the job. Just do it yourself its not hard all it requires is hiding and extending of some wires.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

As Nail said, just extend the wires. Most people usually run them through the wiper motor area, then into the fender. You might have to drill some holes. Other than that, just try to keep everything labeled or color coded (color coded wire is slightly more expensive, but worth it!). Take your time and do it right. No electrical tape! I would personally use solder and heatshrink tubing, it takes forever, but you don't want to have to worry about having a hard time diagnosing future issues, because you shouldn't have any! Just take your time.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

depending on how you do it, you may not even have to cut and solider. I didnt cut anything mine. But i wouldnt bank on it.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Also, saying you're getting the 30 posts out of the way is a great way to make the staff keep an eye on you... any posts with little substance will be deleted. I know everyone does it, but when you're open about it... it just draws attention!

And yes, you MUST extend wires to do a wire tuck.

Comment

geeet some deev! haha

8 Accords so far:
            '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
            '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
            (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

As I stated in the initial post."I don't want to waste anyones time". I'm going to keep all posts relevant. I really do appreciate how quick you all responded. Thanks for the quality answers.

Later,Shavas.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

And yes, you MUST extend wires to do a wire tuck.
                I didnt. The only thing i remember was cutting a couple ground wires that went to the ground box things in order to lengthen the length of the wires overall. I then just grounded the single wire somewhere else.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                  I didnt. The only thing i remember was cutting a couple ground wires that went to the ground box things in order to lengthen the length of the wires overall. I then just grounded the single wire somewhere else.
                  True. 99% of the time you do not have to extend wires. The only wires I have heard peopel extend are small things such as the headlights. Any sensors or anything I WOULD NOT advise changing the length or cutting it. It can alter how it reads. Other places to hide this stuff is in the fender which is one or under the glove compartment.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                  X