Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tokico Advanced Handling Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokico Advanced Handling Kit

I recently purchased the Tokico Advanced Handling Kit and I have the fronts installed as of right now. I gotta be honest I dont really notice that much of a difference in ride height, does it take a little bit for the shocks to kind of "break in"? I am thinking about maybe getting some H&R or Nuespeed springs, possibly some Skunk 2 coilover sleeves to go on the Tokico blues. Any help is appreciated. Anyone else have my setup installed?

Did your Tokico Kit only come with the shocks? Because the shocks aren't what give you the drop, it's the springs that give you the drop. I also have the tokico adavanced handling kit (the Blues with the red springs) and it is only suppose to give us a 1''-1.5'' drop, which is noticeble but still leaves a gap. I personaly like it. I hear the Tein S-tech spring are great, or better yet jsut go with the tein coilovers instead on the sleeves. Good luck

Comment

Yea I have the kit with the red springs, maybe I'll buy some springs that drop it a bit more. I got this kit because I always heard that Tokico was good stuff, and I had some blown old crappy OEM struts I needed to replace. So do the springs and brand new struts "break in"???
      Last edited by 92CB7guy; 01-29-2008, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 92CB7guy
        Yea I have the kit with the red springs, maybe I'll buy some springs that drop it a bit more. I got this kit because I always heard that Tokico was good stuff, and I had some blown old crappy OEM struts I needed to replace. So do the springs and brand new struts "break in"???
        If you want to lessen the wheel gap, get wheels with a higher offset; this will greatly reduce the visible wheel gap. Or you can install wheel spacers.

The Tokico HP (Blue) dampers are only meant to be used with very mild springs: the red springs that come with the package, tein H-Techs, Eibach sportline and such. They cannot handle a big drop, higher spring rates, or a short stroke.

Get on the highway for about 2 weeks and the springs will settle about .5" more.

my car is only dropped about 1.75"F 1.5"R, but b/c of the wheel offset, it seems to lessen the wheel gap.

DEVOTE

Comment

I got that one with Illuminas-Not too big of a drop, but it does get better after the first week or two of driving. You can check my MR for the drop. It's not as big as you'd really want on the front-that's not really a big deal for me considering I regularly take it through 4-10" snow.

Comment

The springs will settle and drop you lower in a week or so.

You mean to tell me that you bought the kit for no reason other than you "heard tokicos are good stuff"? Did you look into how much it drops your car, spring rate, what the struts are capable of... I assume you didn't bother with a camber kit... Did you even get it aligned (might want to wait until it settles anyway)?

It's good that you got a whole kit. It should work well together. Just because it increases handling doesn't mean you'll be slammed to the ground.

Comment

I have a 91 Accord DX coupe 5spd. I originally bought the Tokico HP kit (blue shocks/red springs) advertised at 1.25" drop all around.

Here are the ACTUAL results. I did measurements before/stock form, after first dropping car to ground, then after driving it around some. I did these measurements all in one day, springs should settle after some driving.

http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us...rInfoPages.htm

It leveled out my suspension, simply having new components. However, front really only dropped 0.75 " and rear 1.25-2". I still retained the stock-like look with front wheel gap and that bothered me, even though the ride was comfortable, but too soft. It handled a little better than stock, handled a bit stiffer but nothing considerable.

Anyhow, I know have H&R sport springs 1.75" F/ 1.5" R advertised drop on same Tokico HP blue shocks. My car has an even dropped look, about 3-3.5 finger gap all around, perfect for daily driving anywhere and in snow. It handles better, stiffer and looks dropped evenly, but not too much. Neuspeed sport springs would be equivalent setup.

Click below for photo of H&R sport w/ Tokico HP shocks:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=24996

If you want like a 2 finger gap drop, go Neuspeed Race springs 2.25 F/2.0 F or H&R Race.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Here is a post I copied from another thread, that will help make your decision.

I had BFG traction T/A 195/60 on my stock 15x5.5 alloys on red for 55K miles. They had 60K warranty advertised. I originally ran my full Tokico HP kit (shocks & red springs) with all alignment #'s to spec, no camber kit needed on this setup apparently. I believe at the 45K mile mark is when I changed from the Tokico HP springs to H&R sport springs (no front camber kit) and ran -1.6 deg up front for the remainder of these tires. I did notice significant wear on the inside of each front tire and they had even wear from the Tokico HP springs (everything in spec alignment wise). So this -1.6 deg camber did accelerate the wear on my tires. I got a front camber kit before I installed new tires, Falken Ziex 912 195/60. So far they are wearing evenly.

In short:

- With Tokico HP kit (shock & springs), you should have your alignment all in spec, including camber. That is nice about the kit, no front or rear camber kit needed with a little over stock improvement in handling.

- Using H&R sport/Neuspeed sport or more aggressive springs, you will need to purchase front and rear camber kits, or sacrifice wearing inside of your tires prematurely on most all-season tires. So factor in this additional cost. The longer you take to install the camber kits, the more tire wear as described above.

- 60,000 mile all-season tire lasted 45K miles even wear with alignment fully to spec, then lost about 5,000 miles due to premature wear from -1.6 camber out of spect from H&R sport (no camber kit) setup.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I didnt expect to be slammed, I was wondering if anyone was running the same setup and could tell me what they found out. Thank you to you all that helped out.

Comment

I've been looking at the Tokico blue's with red springs, but after reading this I think I'm going to go with either the H&R sports or Tein H-tech's.....I only want ~1.5" - 2.0" drop max, but I hate the front gap being more than the back and it looks like the H&R's mostly fix that problem.
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Where could I get this kit?

Comment

Working...
                      X