Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bubbles coming from radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubbles coming from radiator

Ok so my buddy has a 92 lx and the coolent is just disappearing. I was thinking since the coolent is bubbling in the radiator when its running is a sign of a popped head gasket. I've checked the oil and it's fine. There is a very faint sign of smoke from the exhaust when its reved high. Other than that theres no smoke. If there is a leak I can't find it anywhere.
    Besides that I'm stumped at the fact that I did a compression test on the motor and with the motor that has over 220,000 miles on it came up with the readings: 1-220, 2-190, 3-200, 4-185. In my repair manual it says the standard is supposed to be at 186psi.

Are the compression readings normal? Is the coolent bubbling a sign of a popped headgasket?

You probably have a cracked coolant line somewhere. Check the hoses and lines.
    F22A1 = Now, NA : Soon, Turbo
    My Member's Thread
    Arcadia Green #14

Comment

Perhaps the internals of the engine are fine in that the oil and coolant are not mixing. However, there still could be a leak within the coolant system itself and that is where the bubbles are coming from as it is getting air in the system.

Either do a visual check on the entire coolant system, the ends of the radiator hoses may be dry rotted, common point is the end of the lower radiator hose that attaches to the radiator, it can seep out and you lose radiator coolant as you drive. Another option is to pressure test the coolant system to force a leak and locate it.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Yeah pressure test for sure. External leaks can introduce air into the system. So you would have to fix the leak and bleed the system.Bubbling is definetly a sign of a leaking HG. If you get no leaks with the motor off, then its internal most likely.With the engine cool/warm but not hot, hook up the pressure tester.

Start the engine and pump the tester to the system maxium. Watch the gauge. If it holds pressure , you are in the clear. If its drops slowly its a HG leak, if its drops fast shut off the motor and replace the HG.

Also those compression numbers are off. Remember engine warm, ignition/fuel disabled and WOT. If your HG is leaking though, a pressure test will let you know.

Comment

Awesome guys thx! I'll post what I find out.

Comment

Ok well I got a cooling pressure system tester and tested the car and it seemed like it was fine and found where the leak was. Well I tough we found all of the leaks anyway. So we fixed them and started up the car to let it run and something told me to look at the oil so I did and guess what..... Milk chocolate.... Now my buddy is going to have the head gasket replaced. Hopefully he has the head reserfaced while its off. Oh well can't win them all. Thanks for all the input.

Comment

hopefully? he has too...otherwise you'll end up just blowing another HG.

UNLESS, the head is cracked then you wouldnt blow the headgasket but rather just keep milkshaking.

id suggest flushing the cooling system, oil in the cooling system is way bad for it (im sure some of it got into it)
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
              X