Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wet/dry NOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wet/dry NOS

whats the difference between wet/dry NOS?

stevenoreaga215

Wet nos sprays fuel and nitrous.
    Dry nos sprays only nitrous and fuel must be compensated some other way.

Comment

just a little more info!

Combustion Cycle is made of Air/Fuel and Spark. You make more power by adding to all three, but all three have to be kept in balance. If you add Air you have to add fuel. Adding Nitrous is adding Air, so you have to add Fuel as well.

Wet-Kits: Wet-Nitrous either uses it's own supply of gas or taps a fuel line and injects gasoline via an extra injector solenoid. Wet kits allow for precise fuel metering, but can strain the fuel system if they scavange too much.

Dry-Kits: Dry kits rely on "existing" Fuel sorces to provide the extra gas. Extra gas is acomplished through either increasing the fuel pressure, or having the computer add more fuel. 10 years ago Dry kits normally meant either adding fuel pressure by injecting nitrous into the fuel-pressure regulat vaccum control line or adding it via a computer modification to the ECM. Today "dry kits" typically blow through a Mass Air Flow Meter and rely on it to detect the extra oxygen and provide more gas. Advatanges: Easy to install. Disadvatages, you're asking the fuel system to do something it wasn't designed to do and that can cause problems.
      Dave Estes (owner of) DB Customs & Automotive Repair

http://www.automotivecustomworld.com
      Just check it out!!

free people search http://www.dbcustoms.ws

Comment

Our Honda's don't use MAFs. You can still have ECU compensate by using aftermarket ECU reprogramming(I believe Neptune has an awesome Nitrous tool).
        -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
        1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

With a dry shot, u can run up to 55 shot for best results.. With a wet shot u can run up to i think 75 shot or a little more.

Members Ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by jm991700
            With a dry shot, u can run up to 55 shot for best results.. With a wet shot u can run up to i think 75 shot or a little more.
            You CAN run as much as you want. Over 75 dry can damage your engine, though.

Steve, have you done any of the stuff you've asked about? You have a new thread every other day, and you never seem to reply to any of them... People are taking their time to give you advice. Please show the courtesy to at least acknowledge it.

Comment

thats not good for your engine is it?

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
              too bad seattle silver's are the best.
              ACCORD MEET MAY 29th 2010

Comment

i plan to buy a nitrous system for my cb but im not sure if my engine is healthy enoughi to hold it.it currently has 206xxx miles and i want a 50 shot.

Comment

A 50 shot won't do damage to a fairly healthy engine as long as it isn't abused (like, don't use a bottle every 2-3 days!) A couple times a week shouldn't do any harm.

If you're concerned about your engine, do a compression test to make sure it's healthy. You might also want to get your injectors inspected and cleaned, as well as replacing your fuel filter and fuel pump. If the engine is healthy, and your fuel system is in proper functioning order, a 50 shot won't hurt at all. It'll only accelerate wear on an already failing engine, and if you have a bad injector, it can cause major damage in that cylinder due to a lean condition (not enough fuel... very bad thing, especially with nitrous!)

Comment

Working...
                  X