Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what is the difference between 92 accord ex and lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the difference between 92 accord ex and lx

i want to know what is the difference between 92 accord ex and accord lx. what different with the computer, engine, braking, i need a full list?

rear disks, f22a6 motor, ex alloys, sunroof, front lip. there is so much more and its all listed in a sticky somewhere on the site.

Comment

to my knowledge the 92 ex and lx are two completely different animals. The ex (that I have) comes stock with the F22a6 and the lx has the F22a1. These engines are very different, not only is the ECU or, "computer" different, but the engine is as well. The camshaft is a little bit more radical in the a6, this meaning the lobes on the camshaft have a little bit more of a point to them keeping the valves open longer; thus, better performance. Also, the intake and exhaust manifolds are different. The a6 exhaust manifold has a 4-2-1 setup whereas the a1 has a 4-1 setup. However, if you so desire to upgrade the exhaust manifold, it would be worth your while to upgrade to the a4. For whatever reason, Honda decided to put the best manifold on the middle class engine that can only be found in 1990 and 1991 Cb7's that come with the F22a4. Lastly, the upper plenum is best in the a6 because it has fully operational butterfly valves which give more high end power when needed and has more area on the inside of the plenum creating more room for air to be forced into the engine. I am only unsure on ABS and rear discs in the 92 lx. I know it comes stock in the 92 ex, but it may not come in the lx. Hope that helps.

Comment

yea i didnt think there was ABS in the Lx.

Comment

Yea man, the EX and LX and completely diffirent from 90-93,
          1992 EX LX
          Engine: f22a6 f22a1
          Cams: a6 a1
          ECU: pt6 pt3
          Exhaust: Dual-tip single-tip
          Brakes: F/R Disk F Disk,R Drum
          ETC.: Intake, sunroof, ABS, wheels, tire pressure, radio, front lip, and Im pretty sure there is more, hopefully this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by blaxemj
            Yea man, the EX and LX and completely diffirent from 90-93,
            1992 EX LX
            Engine: f22a6 f22a1
            Cams: a6 a1
            ECU: pt6 pt3
            Exhaust: Dual-tip single-tip
            Brakes: F/R Disk F Disk,R Drum
            ETC.: Intake, sunroof, ABS, wheels, tire pressure, radio, front lip, and Im pretty sure there is more, hopefully this helps.
            intake? tire pressure? radio?

Comment

headers aren't different, the a4 is the only different header they put out.
              Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

Originally posted by mickey_601
                headers aren't different, the a4 is the only different header they put out.
                wrong. they are all different.

Comment

The ex has different headers, a6 motor which has a better cam, intake manifold, Rear disc, dual tips.

Comment

I know that the 93 LX Special Edition has ABS but no sunroof. im not sure on the engine for that model

Links to my rides :
                    1992 Accord EX*
                    1990 Accord EX
                    1991 Accord SE (4th)
                    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                    1991 Accord SE

Comment

someone had recently mentioned the A6 had a baffled oil pan? Didn't hear any confirmation or denial on that, though I think this would've been more widely known if it were true.
                      Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Accord
                        my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
                        MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

Originally posted by iladelwill085
                          i want to know what is the difference between 92 accord ex and accord lx. what different with the computer, engine, braking, i need a full list?
                          92 Accord EX:

- PT6 ECU (140 HP motor)
                          - more aggressive camshaft
                          - dual runner intake manifold (better)
                          - different exhaust manifold 4-2-1 (better)
                          - 4 wheel disc brakes with anti-lock brakes/ABS
                          - external ignition coil design
                          - windage tray & different oil pickup present
                          - oil cooler present
                          - same oil pump
                          - sunroof present
                          - alloy rims 15x5.5
                          - dual tip muffler
                          - 1" bore master cylinder/larger brake booster also

92 Accord LX:

- PT3 ECU (125 HP motor)
                          - less aggressive camshaft
                          - single runner intake manifold
                          - different exhaust manifold 4-1 (not as good as EX)
                          - front disc/rear drum brakes, no ABS (except on 93 LX 10th anniv. edition)
                          - external ignition coil design
                          - no windage tray, different oil pickup present
                          - no oil cooler present
                          - same oil pump
                          - no sunroof
                          - wheel covers on steelies (14x5.5 or 15x5.5 rims, not sure..93 LX 10th anniv editon has 15x5.5 alloys)
                          - single tip muffler
                          - 3/4" bore master cylinder/smaller brake booster also
                          Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-25-2008, 11:45 AM.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010
                            I know that the 93 LX Special Edition has ABS but no sunroof. im not sure on the engine for that model
                            it is not an lx special edition the special edition is se ur thinkin of the 10th anniverary edition lx
                            ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

My Honda Accord LX has a F22A9 engine, but I'm from Australia. Bit of a difference there as well.
                              The EX model I reakon has more stuffed added on. LX is like a plainer model.
                              if its not a honda, its not hot

Comment

Working...
                              X