Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

WIRE TUCK needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIRE TUCK needed!!

Well today I just picked up my Cusco front strut bar , I tried putting it on but realized my engine bay is way to crowded , it's probably the I've seen on a CB, does anyone know a good place here in So Cal to get, or can anyone give me any pointers in what I ca do to do a semi-wire tuck? I don't really want to do any deletes just mainly hide most of the wires, and sorry about the dirty engine bay . thanks, any advice appreciated.

i didn't know they were places that did wire tuck!

couldn't you just like move stuff to the side or take stuff off! and
    put the sway bar on! and then maybe put the stuff back on? or something
    idk i never installed a sway bar

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

i dont think anyone does wire tucks. its mostly a tuner diy thing. just move wires around, some cut them and extend them, and hide them somewhere.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

yea the amount it would cost for you to pay someone to do it would blow your mind. do it yourself its pretty damn easy. can do mild or wild like be and build a whole new harness and hide every wire exept the wires needed for your engine

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

It's easy enough, just very time consuming.
          ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
          '93 EX 5-speed coupe
          Short ram intake
          Tenrai Himoto catback
          Smashed front end
          Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

I compare my engine bay (Miata) to a friend's (CB7) and balk at the amount of wires in his engine bay, If you are considering a wire tuck, take off one of your fenders and check to see where there are holes that you would be able to use to lead the harness through.
            http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewto...hlight=#123586
            I know I know, it's not a CB, but you can see what would be involved in the wire tuck. You just have to pay attention to detail and not forget which wire you spliced, which wire goes where, etc.
            1996 Mazda Miata.....uh, I think I made a wrong turn on the internet somewhere....

Comment

They have places that do wire tucks. They charge around 250-350 depending on how big the job is. Its a time consuming process.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
                i didn't know they were places that did wire tuck!
                Originally posted by quickangel93
                i dont think anyone does wire tucks

heres the answer!

http://chasebaysonline.com/index.php?content=gallery

Comment

Chasebays for the mother fucking win.

That guy is responsible for some insane engine bays.
                  -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
                  newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
                  newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
                  newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

I did a semi tuck and resprayed my engine bay on my own car. it was very time consuming.

my advice to you is take your time and make sure everything is done right.

you don't need a wire tuck to fit your strut bar either.

if you need one done pm maybe we can work something out
                    Last edited by blackcb7; 01-23-2008, 11:10 PM.
                    Members Ride

Comment

can i do a strut bar tuck?
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i guess the strut bar should come with instructions on how to do a tuck so you can install the bar.

just shove the wires out of the way. you can unbolt that metal line on the drivers side, then put it back on after the bar install. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

a total wire tuck is a bit much to endure just to fit a strut bar! I had issues with the harnesses on the passenger shock tower when i installed my strut bar like 6 years ago. just take them off their mounting and tuck them down on the side of the tower youll be fine!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

IM gonna invert my strut bar and mount it on the hood. You guys aint got shit on that!

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                              IM gonna invert my strut bar and mount it on the hood. You guys aint got shit on that!
                              true....true...
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X