Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Crazy swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy swap

has anyone ever converted their cb7 to rwd or awd or swapped in a crazy ass motor?..jus wonderin cause i hear about crx's with 350's and the civic with the ls1 lol ..
    4 door pimpin'

there are some awd accords, but there is no point doing anything like ls1, you will have to make a whole new chassis for the car and stuff...

Vouch for: Jarhead293, 2.2litrebeater, Darkshadow707, slammed4thgen, Pacman91ex.

Comment

yea i was jus curious cause rare shit can be cool lol
      4 door pimpin'

Comment

If I ever get rich I'm just going to spend my money doing stuff like that. It would be awesome
        1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

from what I gather...the awd accord wagon looks nothing like a cb7 or our year model wagon. But I haven't gotten any good answers on that subject.

I've though about rwd'n the 'ol accord...but not until I had a newer car to drive and the f22 crapped out...and more importantly...a shop to do the work in

As to possible engine swaps...v8 is a bit much for such a light chassis

Prolly better to go with a 6 cyl...or just stick a turbo 4 in...

but this is all pretty pointless since...uh...no one has done a rwd cb7...let alone a rwd v8 cb7
          ____

Comment

Heard of some crazy swaps, like a VW Beetle with a worked 350 Chev hanging out the back, or a motor-cycle with a Cosworth F1 V8, a VW Kombi van with a Porsche LeMans engine (about 800hp). Used to know a bloke who planned to (and owned all the parts required to) build a car using a stripped down Rolls Royce Phantom chassis (with a bespoke lightweight 30's style sports car body) fitted with a Rolls Royce Merlin aero engine (27 litre V12, 1,500hp). I wonder if he ever built it, would be the world's fastest all Rolls Royce sports car!

To maintain some Honda content, here in Australia there is a RWD Accord 'Sports Sedan' racer with a 600hp 350 Chev (come to think of it, it might be a Prelude body, but who cares!).
            Regards from Oz,
            John.

Comment

The Honda Ascot was the AWD JDM Accord variant. You can see the familial resemblance, but it's quite obvious that there are a lot of differences.

~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
              '93 EX 5-speed coupe
              Short ram intake
              Tenrai Himoto catback
              Smashed front end
              Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

i remember someone saying that you'd have to use the crv drivetrain an alot of custome work. anything can be done with money though. for most of us, its not worth it.
                91 Ex CB9
                JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                Weight Reductions
                R33 or R34 front end

Comment

hows about an accord with a s2k engine and drivetrain
                  ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum
                    hows about an accord with a s2k engine and drivetrain
                    You'd have to fabricate a new chassis. The stock underbody doesn't have a channel capable of accomodating a RWD transmission and driveshaft, and there is no accomodation for the necessary rear axle and differential. A great deal of consideration would also have to be given to suspension setup and tuning to handle the different forces the car would be subject to. It would take a small fortune and an assload of fabrication, but I suppose it could be done. In the end, though, you'd be better off just buying an S2000. It would cost you less and you could just get in it and drive.
                    ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                    '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                    Short ram intake
                    Tenrai Himoto catback
                    Smashed front end
                    Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Working...
                    X