Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what is an EX-R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bootleg your car is not an ex-r. yours is the us ex in which the 90-91 had on that trim. and i didn't think the ex-r was equal to the us lx. its just the name the canadians gave their ex model.
    91 Ex CB9
    JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
    p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
    Weight Reductions
    R33 or R34 front end

Comment

i have ex with 4 disk abs,a6 motor,sunroof,but no foglights...what do i have...?>

Comment

Originally posted by flight50
        bootleg your car is not an ex-r. yours is the us ex in which the 90-91 had on that trim. and i didn't think the ex-r was equal to the us lx. its just the name the canadians gave their ex model.
        Well I clearly wrote "my 91 ex" , I just wanted to post my stat as a reference.

Again I want to know which 90-91 model had the clear reverse light at the corner instead in the center. I have seen some in the forum

Vouch for: Jarhead293, 2.2litrebeater, Darkshadow707, slammed4thgen, Pacman91ex.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM CB7z
          i wanted to know the same thing. buh i thought EX-R was candian, and the EX american but still the same car. and ur from tenesse, so i was juss wonderin

the EXR and EX both have an f22a6 right?? how does that differ from the lx and dx?

i kno that the lx has the f22a1 not a6

93 accord lx

Comment

Originally posted by BootlegCB7
            Well I clearly wrote "my 91 ex" , I just wanted to post my stat as a reference.

Again I want to know which 90-91 model had the clear reverse light at the corner instead in the center. I have seen some in the forum
            The clear "reverse" light is actually a rear fog. It's a JDM/EDM option.

Canadian LX = American DX
            Canadian EX = American LX
            Canadian EX-R = American EX

Some options were offered in Canadian models that weren't offered in American models, and vice versa. Also, fogs were an option in both markets. They were not standard equipment.
            ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
            '93 EX 5-speed coupe
            Short ram intake
            Tenrai Himoto catback
            Smashed front end
            Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

ok, alot of people here are correct about a few things.

i have a 91 ex-r (from canada) that pretty much came with all the bells and whistles (rear disc, A6 motor, sunroof, fogs, etc)

there may have been some differences between models from the us and canada as dealer options may have been available 16-17 years ago.

for example, busak87 went to the honda dealer to ask about fog lights, which they clearly did not have, but did inform him they did not come stock. thus, i was forced to think that they were a dealer option at the time. i know that my grandpa who had previously owned the car before me (first owner) never would have bought them separate, therefore they must have been bought as an option and installed when the car arrived at the dealer.

soooooo...personally, i think that it is a little naive to think that canadian ex-r's and american ex's are built to the same spec and have the same attributes and options since they clearly do not...

swaps, dealer options, additions/removals by previous owners can all amount to why some cars are the different than others.

sorry for the long ass post

Comment

Which is pretty much what I stated in my post.
                ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                Short ram intake
                Tenrai Himoto catback
                Smashed front end
                Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

bah my bad! haha

i just read the first few posts and decided to reply myself, didnt read yours camurai.

Comment

Working...
                  X