Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no start

Model
    ACCORD

Applicable To
    ALL

File Under
    ELECTRICAL

Issue Date
    AUG 27, 1993

Product Update: 1990 Accord Distributor

BACKGROUND

The distributor may fail. If this happens, the engine will not start. This product update is being conducted to help eliminate any possibility of distributor failure.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION

Owners of affected vehicles will be contacted by mail and asked to take the car to a dealership for repair. The text of the customer letter is at the end of this service bulletin.

CORRECTIVE ACTION

Replace the distributor subassembly with the updated subassembly listed under PARTS INFORMATION. Use the existing ignition coil.

1. Remove the three connectors from the bracket behind the distributor.

2. Unplug the distributor 2-P and 8-P connectors.

3. Disconnect the spark plug wires from the distributor cap.

4. Place a shop towel under the distributor to catch any oil that drips. Remove the three distributor hold-down bolts. Remove the distributor from the car.

5. Remove the distributor cap, rotor, and leak cover.

6. Use a Phillips(R) screwdriver to disconnect the BLK/YEL wire from the ignition coil. Disconnect the WHT/BLU wire from the igniter; leave it connected to the coil. (This wire may have yellowed with age.) Do not damage the wire connector or lose the screw; you will need to reuse them.

7. Remove the ignition coil mounting screws. Slide the coil out of the distributor.

8. Remove the cap and leak cover from the new distributor subassembly. Slide the ignition coil in place, and install it with the original screws.

9. Connect the WHT/BLU wire to the igniter. Connect the BLK/YEL wire to the ignition coil with the screw retained in step 6.

10. Install the new leak cover, rotor, and distributor cap.

11. Apply a small amount of clean engine oil to the 0-ring that goes between the distributor and the engine. Install the distributor on the engine.

12. Reinstall the spark plug wires.

13. Reconnect the 2-P and 8-P connectors. Reinstall the electrical connectors on the bracket.

14. Set the ignition timing according to the procedure in the service manual.

15. Center-punch a completion mark above the last character of the engine compartment VIN.

PARTS INFORMATION

Distributor Subassembly:
    P/N 06301-PT3-A00
    H/C 4282927

what is your point?

Comment

someone asking about no start on a nother post and i have alldata and found it sowe i posted it. hope it helps someone on here

Comment

Could you tell us what you're talking about??

I don't get it

Comment

Its just telling you how to replacle a distributor using previous parts from the old one...Its for an internal distributor not external.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
          X