Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Starting my H22 Swap...need info!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting my H22 Swap...need info!!

I have researched as much as possible and I still have some basic questions.

I tried to access the swap thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthr...s=&threadid=523. And the link won't work. Please help me with some much needed information, I will be starting the swap in a few days, here is what I am working with:

92 Accord EX Coupe F22A6 with H23 Manual Transmission swapped in.
    Putting in:
    99 H22A4
    SH Intake manifold-97 lude Throttle Body(Ext. MAP)
    JDM wiring harness for pigtails
    H23 manual timing belt tensioner swap
    New head gasket, valve cover gasket, seals- the works
    Externally coiled distributor

I know I have to do some wire lengthening for the 02 sensor and the oil pressure sensor. And I have to run wires for VTEC, knock sensor, etc. (not sure about all of them). I also need the H22A4 basemap, because I have a chipped p28 and just need the bin file for the new motor.

If i missed anything let me know. Also, please help me with the wiring, that is giving me a lot of trouble since it is an OBDII(B) motor (i think).

Thanks for any help you can give me!
    Last edited by Asimo5767; 01-23-2008, 10:24 PM.

Did you try the Swap FAQ? http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5423

You have an exhaust manifold and downpipe, correct?
    1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

I have looked at that thread but i still feel like im missing something. I have the H22A4 exhast manifold. Does that work with my car or do I need to get a different flange welded to the stock downpipe?

Comment

Originally posted by Asimo5767
        I have looked at that thread but i still feel like im missing something. I have the H22A4 exhast manifold. Does that work with my car or do I need to get a different flange welded to the stock downpipe?
        The downpipes are different on the manifold side; the h22a dp is a bit bigger than the F22a dp. I suppose you could weld a new one on, but you would have to have a h22 downpipe to get that flange anyways, and what would be the point in cutting it off of the h22 one if that is what you need? If you get the downpipe from the 93-96 Prelude Vtec, then it will all just bolt together, because the flange before the cat is the same. No welding needed then. I got one for $20, so it isn't a huge thing.

Of course, you could always just upgrade while you are there, and get a DC header/downpipe. I would have, but I just didn't have the $350 to do it.

I assume that since you did the tensioner swap, you changed the belt+water pump?

Comment

keep me updated on how ur swap went. i got my swap already. and trust me u wont regret it =)
          ----------------------------------I ♥ My CB7----------------------------------

Comment

I guess i should be going to a junkyard to look for that downpipe then, b/c i can't afford the DC one. And I have bought the timing belt parts, i just want to make sure that i use the H23 t-belt and balancer belt instead of the H22 ones.

Comment

Most should be covered in the sticky. This is just me syumming it up because I am lazy to read the thread.

1. 5th gen SH lude header/dp dont fit. 5th gen header bottom line doesnt fit. The downpipe is too short.
              2. Find a 4g vtec lude dp or header...If all else fails there is ebay.
              3. F22A DP does not fit bottom line I already made a thread about this a long time ago.
              4. You dont have to lengthen no o2 sensor since the A6 o2 is in the dp.
              5. Your better off tuning the car rather than using a basemap its safer. Either way should be plenty hovering around the net or people on here have them on their cars.
              6. Wiring is already covered in all the sticky information in the swaps section.
              7. You need to find the thread where they modded the intermediate shaft to fit on the SH block since it is different.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I don't think that the block is an SH though, I got it seperately from the intake manifold. How can I tell what it came out of exactly (it has a black valve cover, I don't know if that helps with identifying it tho)? I am in the process of finding a 93-96 lude downpipe. And if anyone has that basemap bin file, I would very much appreciate getting it.

Comment

You said SH mani so I assumed you had an SH block in that case it doesnt matter. I dont see what the diff in the SH and base is. As long as your base is 2000 up should be the 200hp model.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The guy I got my motor from said it was a 99 Prelude, so I figured that 97-01 was the same unless there is a significant difference b/w the S and SH. Im not sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by Asimo5767
                      The guy I got my motor from said it was a 99 Prelude, so I figured that 97-01 was the same unless there is a significant difference b/w the S and SH. Im not sure though.

The SH has some ATTS crap bolted on to it.

You might be able to do what I ended up doing, and finding a downpipe off of any H22 and then cutting off the flex pipe part (on both downpipes, h22 and A6)), just before the O2 sensor, and then weld the h22 Y pipe part to the A6 flex pipe. It is kinda ugly looking, but it gets the job done.

Comment

Active Torque Transfer System (ATTS) Most people hate them becuase its basically dead weight to the car. Id love to swap an H22 into my cb7 but Im doing suspension before anything. Good luck with the swap tho.
                        texx @ #afterfx
                        epicFRAG

Comment

I am currently looking at some cheap ebay 92-96 vtec lude header kits that come with the downpipe. Will the header from that kit fit the 99 H22 also? if so I will just bolt that up to my factory exhaust. What you guys think?

Comment

I always wondered what ATTS meant. Thanks for edumacating me. :-)

Comment

Still need that basemap if you guys know where or who I can get it from.

Comment

Working...
                              X