Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

junkyard h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

junkyard h22

is thier any chance on findin a h22 in junkyard for a reasonable price?..also since i have 93 will it make it easier if i get the h22 before they went obd2?
    4 door pimpin'

yea you can find them but ill doubt at a reasonable price, it would be easier IMO to get an obd1 wont have to mess the wiring as much.

Vouches:accord93racer, 93twodoorLX(twice), kmart64, deevergote, 92cord, Datmofo, DarkShadow707,slammed4thgen
    Old MR Thread

1996 Prelude SE- Project
    1996 Lexus SC300-Daily

Comment

aight well i sorta wanted to stick with the f22 but i really am startin to like the h22lol
      4 door pimpin'

Comment

It all depends on where you are located, I know here in Colombus the chances of finding a prelude in a jy are slim, and one with the engine still in it (h22 or h23) is even less. The price would depend on the yard, some charge more than others. And yeah it would be easier to get an OBD1 h22/23, but to convert to an OBD2 I have heard is not that har, just an extra step or two.
        Originally posted by 92dm
        I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
        VOUCHES
        Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

I seen a couple of h22 's at pnp here in columbus , they were in sad shape you would be better off getting one from a a private seller ,but it really breaks down to trust ,so if it was me I save my cash and go to tiger japanese.
          WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

my buddy bought one from pull a part, perfect condition he got everything for 300 dollars, he put it in and it runs great, steal of a deal

im pissin on the game feel like i got a weak blatter

Comment

anytime ive seen an h22 at the junkyard (twice)
              they have 350 000kms and need a rebuild
              if you take that into consideration jdm would be your best bet

Comment

yeah thats a slim to none at all chance. some people make a living hitting up junkyards and selling them elsewhere to make a profit. get there first when new inventory comes and you have a shot. but honestly, you'd have to rebuild it. depends on the car and the yard. the bare bulky parts like the head,block, manifold and sometimes the tranny may be okay but the internals might not be any good.
                91 Ex CB9
                JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                Weight Reductions
                R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Originally posted by bluecb7
                  It all depends on where you are located, I know here in Colombus the chances of finding a prelude in a jy are slim, and one with the engine still in it (h22 or h23) is even less. The price would depend on the yard, some charge more than others. And yeah it would be easier to get an OBD1 h22/23, but to convert to an OBD2 I have heard is not that har, just an extra step or two.
                  The main differences that I can think of are crank position sensor, distributor and fuel injectors. I'm sure there are additional sensors on the OBD2 engine besides the CPS as well.
                  ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                  '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                  Short ram intake
                  Tenrai Himoto catback
                  Smashed front end
                  Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Working...
                  X