Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

awd...cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still awd is sick we can drive in snow and ever thing and not have to worry about traction..problems

Comment

Originally posted by Dans92cb7
      thing is they have like 4 cams..dont they...it would be hard to work on there motors i live sti to death but there motors are so crazy
      STi is Subaru's in-house tuning division. They don't make motors, and they didn't touch the older Legacy, at least not for our market. The engines they use are boxer engines... flat 4s (and 6s in some models). Porsche uses a similar design, as do a few other companies (some of which are sourced from Porsche and Subaru).

Kurobei, are you sure there was an AWD CB-chassis Ascot? If so, we could DEFINITELY use the parts... I've never heard of such a thing, though. 4ws is common, and often mistaken for 4wd... If you have a reliable source, I'd like to see it! You're the king of all things JDM, so I'm ready to believe it...

The Accord with the H23 VTEC and AWD is automatic only... so performance options are quite limited there. Nothing saps power like AWD automatic!

The AWD Civics mentioned in the original post CAME that way. There were AWD Civics in the 4th generation. Ugly boxes, but I've seen quite a few done up with B18 swaps... pretty sick. Not made for performance, though. Build that AWD setup, or blow it up.

The easiest way to convert to AWD would be to use DSM parts. It'd take a TON of fabrication, but they're similar in size to the CB (just look at the Galant VR-4... looks like a CB )

Comment

AWD is possible, if you have the resources, patience, a big saw, and a welder

subaru's multilink AWD suspensions are rediculously complicated but you could fabricate one to a CB chassis (not easily) but possible. in fact if your insane enough you could go all the way and put that beastie boxer in the accord. making possibly the SWEETEST track car ever haha.
        and 4WS is lame anyways, theyre a pain in the ass to fix, and you cant get out of a parralel park to save your life (sounds wrong, but think about it, front end turning radius seriously reduced)

BESIDES! isnt a 4WD 400hp honda accord what we all dream about at night!?!?!

Comment

is that the only year model awd accord made? or is there a cb7 awd?

with an awd...would this not make it much easier to make it rwd?

granted it would not be easy...but much easier than our cb7's...
          would make dropping in rwd spec engine and drive shaft and better rear diff easier if it was already set up for that (all be it...smaller components stock)

*edit quick search
          Accord Wagon SiR-T
          awd and has the F20B

I think it's a 98 model though

doing more searching to verify this claim
          Last edited by bcjammerx; 01-08-2008, 08:23 AM.
          ____

Comment

NO No NO No

The 6th gen JDM Wagon (CH/CL) never got the F20B. it had either the F23a or the H23a. and all wagons were auto or Sportshift tiptronic (CL2)

The sedans (CF5) AWD had only the SOHC F20B making it the VTS spec. SiRs and SiR-Ts never had AWD. and the AWD models lost 10ps and a few torques compared to their 2wd brethren.

And yes, the CF5 Accord VTS was the 1st gen of Accord to get an AWD drivetrain. the CD chassis didnt get 4ws OR AWD. atleast their H22a fit into our CBs thank goodness for that.

our CBs, unfortunately had to make do with just a 4ws chassis option.

Honda never ventured into AWD territory in the late 80's (conception of the CB chassis) until when the civic wagon got the AWD drivetrain.

and then, it spawned.

almost every model had an AWD option by the late 90's, the EF had AWD, the EG gen RTS-i (RT= real time, geddit?), the EK followed suit, but i aint sure if the ES received any AWD options, although the RN Stream (1st gen) had an AWD option for its 2.0 variant. not sure about the 1.7

the humble Fittah got AWD, the JDM Odyssey (all gens), CRV (off course, ) the list goes on and on.
            Last edited by blizzard335; 01-08-2008, 10:18 AM.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
            Honda Accord Euro-R
            Honda Odyssey Absolute
            Honda City I-DSi
            Honda Stream

Comment

so...there IS a cb7 awd out there? is it a wagon only?
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                so...there IS a cb7 awd out there? is it a wagon only?
                No No

what i said referred to the JDM CF Accord (6th gen)

sorry bout that

Links to other rides:
                Honda Accord Euro-R
                Honda Odyssey Absolute
                Honda City I-DSi
                Honda Stream

Comment

i've always wondered this question too.
                  i think it would be fun to drive

93 Accord SE no tranny:Parting out
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post2070752

86 Ford Ranger fuel problem

Explorer Fund:$1595.23

Comment

id like to see it.... thats a hell of a workload!

didnt know the civic hatchs had AWD ??? OEM models too? (ek, eg, ef)

Comment

Originally posted by mikesCB-7
                      id like to see it.... thats a hell of a workload!

didnt know the civic hatchs had AWD ??? OEM models too? (ek, eg, ef)
                      the SH4 sedan and wagons had AWD. not too sure about the hatch

Links to other rides:
                      Honda Accord Euro-R
                      Honda Odyssey Absolute
                      Honda City I-DSi
                      Honda Stream

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          thank you sir

ps: im on AIM yo

Links to other rides:
                          Honda Accord Euro-R
                          Honda Odyssey Absolute
                          Honda City I-DSi
                          Honda Stream

Comment

ewe...not a fan
                            ____

Comment

[QUOTE=bcjammerx]ewe...not a fan[/QUOTE

at the shop we like to call it the shagin' wagon. i think there pretty pimp

when he said EK i thought he meant the hatchis my bad...

Comment

lots of money and time and one would be nasty
                                ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Working...
                                X