Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

is this a good intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this a good intake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...spagenameZWDVW

looks cool, but will it help, or will it be the same as a normal aftermarket intake?

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

Basic short ram, kool design, the 3'' pipe will be LOUD, but same thing as short ram.
    Last edited by i<3mycb7coupe; 12-30-2007, 08:08 PM. Reason: info

Originally posted by zack_odom
    Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

That its a kinda cool design. For that price, it doesnt really matter if its quality or not. All an intake is is a piece of aluminum piping and a filter. Ive got a short ram that my sister bought me for like 50 bucks. Its lasted for 6 years now. If you only do one medification to your car, i say an intake is the best one. Not much HP gain, but you get alot better throttle responce.

Comment

Pretty sure you can get that in the plumbing section of Home Depot for less than $50
        Originally posted by DoctorCipher
        ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

it sucks in air

Comment

Its retarded. Its just more tubing. If you want the two filter look go for it. But you can do the same with a 3in tube and a big ass filter.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

That kind of foam filters suck for DD, they don't filter much at all.
              wat?

Comment

yeah i'd think those filters would just break apart if you tried to clean them.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

yup you can probably by a piece of tubing, cut it to fit and add a k&n filter

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

for $50, just buy an eBay, cold air, and use the top piece.

Originally posted by zack_odom
                    Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

yep buy cheap ebay intake and then buy a k&n filter

and cheap good filter

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Hmm, ive NEVER seen an intake like that. Idk, you could try it out and see what happens. Will that even fit right in the engine bay?
                        My Black "H"
                        AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

If I saw four air filters and four throttle bodies id be impressed if I saw 2 filters and one throttle body i would laugh in your face. Your better off getting more air(which i think is what drew you to this product) by buying a front mount intake.

Comment

That just seems like over kill. I would have to see one on a car and then drive it in order to buy that.

As stated, you would be better off just buying an SRI or CAI and buying a better filter for it.
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by AllWhiteCoupe
                              Not much HP gain, but you get alot better throttle responce.
                              i didn't know that, is that true?

and for aftermarket intakes, what do we do with those vacuum lines that connect to the original air intake? do we leave it like that?
                              my rims cost more than my car

Comment

Working...
                              X