Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

AEM Cold Air Intake Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEM Cold Air Intake Help!!

I have a CAI....i was wondering is there anyway to make the intake sound louder/ sportier sound?? Wat do i have to do??

not much you can do. Accord intakes by AEM are 2.5 inches. AEM makes a 3 inch prelude intake. I've got that currently on my car with a H23 Throttle Body and Plenum. And I can tell you by experience, i just did this swap from my accord AEM CAI to the larger prelude one and it screams once it reaches like 5500-redline. You can try boring out the throttle body some to get more airflow but that would be the most you could do with that intake.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Bigger filter. Use one off a Semi.
      90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
      2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
        You can try boring out the throttle body some to get more airflow but that would be the most you could do with that intake.
        Wat do u mean??

Comment

there's this website maxbore that tells you all about it.

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Switch to a Short Ram Intake?

EDIT: The SRI will definitely be louder but if you want louder from a CAI I don't know. The CAI is quieter due to where it is placed in the bumper.

My SRI drowns out my exhaust and as my son puts it, "makes my car sound faster than it is".
            Last edited by Father Time; 12-28-2007, 01:13 AM.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX
              Switch to a Short Ram Intake?

EDIT: The SRI will definitely be louder but if you want louder from a CAI I don't know. The CAI is quieter due to where it is placed in the bumper.

My SRI drowns out my exhaust and as my son puts it, "makes my car sound faster than it is".
              i do have a Short ram...nd its not loud....onlii wen i rev above 4500.....thats wen u start hearin it....my cuzin has the same set up nd his intake is 10x louder then mines....he says his step father elimininated a vaccume line or did suttin to the manifold...

Comment

yea i noticed when i first got my aem CAI intake installed, it was definitely a significant difference in sound compared to stock. but after about a month or so the sound diminished. but ever since i got my greddy exhaust installed im pretty sure all i hear is the exhaust. im sure the intake makes noise when i redline its just the exhaust u hear tho lol

Comment

Originally posted by aLL_MoTTorCB7_1
                  i do have a Short ram...nd its not loud....onlii wen i rev above 4500.....thats wen u start hearin it....my cuzin has the same set up nd his intake is 10x louder then mines....he says his step father elimininated a vaccume line or did suttin to the manifold...

hmmm there is one vaccum line up there that does get unplugged in the process of an intake install. mine is just hanging. although i have heard of people plugging it with cotton? maybe thats it

Comment

Originally posted by alifeva
                    hmmm there is one vaccum line up there that does get unplugged in the process of an intake install. mine is just hanging. although i have heard of people plugging it with cotton? maybe thats it
                    no i think you're supposed to put a breather filter over it. AEM gives you like this grey foam piece that goes over it, b/c it still needs to breath and get filtered or something.

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

but is there anything i hav 2 do to make it louder....does any1 hav an idea to make it louder???

Comment

ahhh i got the perfect fix for you...

A turbo kit would make your intake loud. with a whistle
                        DooDoo

Comment

put a header on, it'll be loud enough. If you want loudness, get an ebay muffler and call it a day, you'll get sick of it in 2-3 months ;p.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
                            put a header on, it'll be loud enough. If you want loudness, get an ebay muffler and call it a day, you'll get sick of it in 2-3 months ;p.
                            x2..i wanted my car to have a nice tone to it but all of a sudden my car is annoying da S#!t out of me...maybe cuz the holes in my pipe....but yeah it gets annoying "sometimes"
                            clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
                            Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

If you are just looking for more sound from your intake then increase the size of your intake manifold and throttle body. If you have a F22a1 or F22a4, do a F22a6/H23 intake manifold swap.

I have a fart can and SRI that make noise.. On days like today when the weather is cold, at idle my intake is louder then the fart can. Low RPM's the intake is still louder then the exhaust.

Other then the intake manifold swap, if you still want more intake noise, you will have to change your screen name and go turbo.. Later

Comment

Working...
                              X