Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

code 43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

code 43

i final got my cars check engine light on after iv been having problems for the past month i got a code 43 watch is fuel supply system can anyone help...

the car felt like someone is pulling on the back bumper and sometimes it back fires alittle tell i give it gas..i read alittle bit about code 43 some say o2 sensor...

Comment

I got it like 2 weeks ago, replaced my O2 sensor and it took care of it, but it can be several things. Basically, you throw a 43 when the engine gets too much or too little fuel, which could be injectors, thermostat/temp sensor, O2, but most people fix it with the O2. So when was the last time the O2 was replaced? (OEM parts only)

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
        I got it like 2 weeks ago, replaced my O2 sensor and it took care of it, but it can be several things. Basically, you throw a 43 when the engine gets too much or too little fuel, which could be injectors, thermostat/temp sensor, O2, but most people fix it with the O2. So when was the last time the O2 was replaced? (OEM parts only)
        i have dcheader and catback its from my old car so its been about...5 or more years lol...and that would cause my car to struggle like that and start to miss and back fire and shit like that?

Comment

ya, because one of the most important sensors that adjusts the a/f ratio is the o2 sensor. See your o2 probably still works, but sends the ecu a weak signal, or delayed signal...hence wrong a/f ratio at the time it's needed. its a good place to start.
          Fun with Paint... haha.

OHIO CB7's

Comment

Originally posted by inferno1414
            ya, because one of the most important sensors that adjusts the a/f ratio is the o2 sensor. See your o2 probably still works, but sends the ecu a weak signal, or delayed signal...hence wrong a/f ratio at the time it's needed. its a good place to start.
            alight thanks man...anyone know a good and cheap place to get one auto stores wants 50-70 bucks anyone on here sell them

Comment

dont get a cheap 02 senser they dont work. get one from honda or ull be replasing it again and again trust me

Comment

I don't go cheap on O2's anymore cuz they are always crap, even the boschs have given me problems even though their stuff is usually really good.

I go OEM always for the O2 now, NGK, Denso, etc. Hit up your dealer or just buy from majestic or slhondaparts.

i have dcheader and catback its from my old car so its been about...5 or more years lol...and that would cause my car to struggle like that and start to miss and back fire and shit like that?
                The header, no I doubt it, but I've heard of O2's causing that when they're bad.

Comment

so just start with the o2 sensor and see what happends..i hope thats it ok i did my oil pan gasket then it started after that so maybe i knocked the o2 sensor around and fucked it up..and thats why it fucked up

Comment

Jon

Originally posted by sunshynecb7
                    dont get a cheap 02 senser they dont work. get one from honda or ull be replasing it again and again trust me
                    u are right a cheap o2 dont work i got my at honda it works good my cb is runing good

Comment

i call honda today they want 198.00 thats fucking crazy..lol what about a ebay or autozone one?

Comment

Mine was 109 from honda, but try majestic, or another online place cuz its cheaper that way

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                          Mine was 109 from honda, but try majestic, or another online place cuz its cheaper that way
                          shit cost so damn much..lol but i dont wana buy a cheap ass part and fuck up on me

Comment

I guess just save for a little while longer, because when I bought bosch O2 sensors they did wierd things, like make the tach/engine jump/search, or make the mixture too rich, they just didn't work as good as an OEM part does.

Comment

1. Bosch is ***.
                              2. NGK/Denso is the other replacement to OEM and slightly cheaper.
                              3. OEM might have a high tag it's still the best one out there.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X