Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Losing Coolant Slowly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing Coolant Slowly

I usually check the coolant level once every month or so and these last two months I've had to add probably 1/2 liter of coolant. I replaced the t-stat and the 2 main radiator hoses at the end of the summer. I'll have to double check but there are no visible leaks. I would prefer there to be an external leak haha because I'm sure any internal problem would be a lot bigger of a problem..

What could be causing this? I doubt that much coolant loss over one month is normal..

Thanks

sounds like another leak from a smaller hose or it could be the radiator, look arond for any wet spots on the radiator and check the heater core hoses and the hoses on the intake mani.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Put some cardboard under the car at night and see if there are any wet spots. If not, you could be burning it... that usually indicates a head gasket problem.

Comment

if ur losing coolant ur either burning it or leaking it if its not leaking then its burning and that means something else is wrong.

Comment

do you smell burning coolant after driving?

look for coolant residue. it looks crusty green or white, but it's not actually wet, but looks like it was wet at one time or another.

since coolant is corrosive, it can eat a small pit where the coolant hose and aluminum housing meet. this usually happens at the thermostat housing. it seeps out very slowly and evaporates making it look like you have no leak.

if you discover this to be your problem, you have two options. one, you can replace the pitted cast aluminum part, which is a fix. two, remove the hose and apply Honda bond to the pitted area, which is a repair. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Thanks. I'll look into it further tomorrow and let you guys know.

Comment

re:leak

It sounds kinda like my problem I had. Which if it is, then it is your radiator. Basically mine was leaking slowly and you really couldnt see the leak that well. Check the bottom of your radiator. Mine was building a puddle from the leak but holding it in the lower plastic guard piece. That sounds like where your leak is. Is it the original radiator?
              1995 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed-DD and stockish
              1991 Honda Accord- H22a and lowered DD#2
              2005 SRT-4 ACR package-stock at the moment

Comment

I remember coolant vapor smells sweet right? I need to know exactly how it smells to see if I have the same problem on my bootlegcb7

Vouch for: Jarhead293, 2.2litrebeater, Darkshadow707, slammed4thgen, Pacman91ex.

Comment

yeah it's got a sweet scent to it. that's how i was able to tell i had a problem when i was in a Taco Bell drive through.

Comment

Working...
                  X