Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h23 head swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 head swap

well i was looking at this post on ebay classifeds and want to know everyhing he seling can jus drop right into mmy f22a6 bottom end ?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=92074
    GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

? anyone
    GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

yes.

Do some research next time. There are a couple DIY's floating around on it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

didn't see an ecu in that post. You're better off chipping an ecu (p06...p28...) to get optimal results. And so you don't have to deal with any knock sensor bs

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

sorry guys stilla noob aat cb7tuner so wats the gains on this ?
          GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

The gains won't be as much as a full H23, which is only 20hp more than the F22A6. Honestly, there's not all that much to gain from it, aside from the extra tunability of a DOHC setup, and the uniqueness of the frankenstein motor. If it's for your only car, I wouldn't recommend such a swap, since reliability could be a factor. Some people have had great luck, and some people that are far more knowledgeable than you have had at least one fail on them.

For a project car, go for it, and have fun. For your daily driver... either get a full swap, or stick to your F22A. You COULD always buy that head and find an H23 block somewhere...

Comment

You'd get the same HP gain with an intake, header and cat-back exhaust and it'll take a lot less work. Add a drop-in Stage 1 Bisimoto cam and you'll smoke the HP of this swap in about a quarter of the time.
              ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
              '93 EX 5-speed coupe
              Short ram intake
              Tenrai Himoto catback
              Smashed front end
              Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

so u think its a good idea do this swap ? because right now i am stock jus for the intake and cat back needs to installed still if i do this head swap i am gonna buy the parts my self and install my self and the for the cams if i add them will you c a big improve ment? how much hp is gain
                GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

Working...
                X