Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Yeah more automatic tranny questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At full throttle, it should shift near redline, I believe. Regardless of the sport button.

Comment

Yeah, the sports button is a uesless feature imo. My car shakes when in reverse but is smooth in other gears so I need mounts. Anyway, not trying to threadjack but sometimes the sports feature will be on and the button isn't even pushed in. The car then starts dragging and it starts making clicking sounds in the gear selection area as if it's turning the feature on and off. It only done this a couple times and has been good ever since. Never had transmission problems so I'm thinking to myself, since the sports feature is pointless(good job honda, you tried), is there a way to disable the feature altogether? Once again, didn't mean to jack the thread but it's a automatic transmission question.
      [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

really it isn't totally useless. I was a way to make the car feel sportier and quicker which would help sales. As for making power and the car faster, yeah pointless. Mine shifts a little rough but it doesn't slip. Usually when a trans shifts rough it also slips.

Now not to thread jack but when i am driving hard or racing I manually shift mine because with h23 IM she pulls hard all the way to the rev limiter. Leaving it in D3 or D4 it will shift at 6k instead of 6500. I have proven to be faster with manual shifting. Now my question is when i get around 90 in D3 my car feels like it is dogging down and then it will pick back up. If i shift at this point into D4, my R's drop so bad that it takes me almost an 1/8 mile to get to 100. But when i keep it in D3 it almost seems like it is grabbing another gear and then goes again. I was thinking that this may be slipping but it only does it in 3rd gear. Can anybody tell me if this is normal?
        vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Ok the weird thing is...

some times it will shift at 3to 4k but if im medium on the pedal it will shift normal....

Bumps a little when shifting but doesnt DROP gears.. Also does not slip at all.

is there anyway to change the Tranny Filter???? I know its a pain in the ass from the few posts ive read.

also i was going to go get new gaskets for the shift and lock selinoid on the front of the tranny to replace the filters in them... Just to try.... From honda of corse while im there buying tranny fluid.....

What would be the best way to get the tranny fully flushed???? A oil change place by me has a machine that they hook up to your tranny and run stuff thru it and change all of the fluid. Does honda have this machine to??

O and also i will check the Trans Computer tommorow to get the numbers off it to google them to see what car it belongs to hopefully its for the wagon.
          DooDoo

Comment

Originally posted by arcadiacb7
            But when i keep it in D3 it almost seems like it is grabbing another gear and then goes again. I was thinking that this may be slipping but it only does it in 3rd gear. Can anybody tell me if this is normal?
            That's your torque converter locking up, thus the RPM drop.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

hes right...and btw it happens in cd5's too, I have a 97 lx auto and it does it even when i dont shift manually. To solve the problem...drop in a 5 speed and be done with it

Comment

Originally posted by Thatguystuff
                it has a sport button???? if so where??

well if your asking this question maybe you don't have it

it located on the shift knob can't miss it.......

Comment

sports mode is really useless

I've been driving a 91 lx sedan for the past 2 weeks while my 92 wagon is out of commission, and I've noticed sport mode makes the tranny shift alot quicker, which helps with merging into traffic sometimes, also holds it in gear longer, but yeah would be better if it just did it all the time. Can't wait to have my 5 speed back tho!I miss it alot!
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

When the car is shaking in reverse that is the mounts because a friend of mine had the exact same problem and the mounts were bad and he had to get them replaced

Comment

I will check the mounts.... Christmas has got me broke....

The way this car is going its probably going to be up for sale or trade really soon...

Just to get rid of it.

But if i keep it when i get my taxes back. probably going to get a newly rebuilt motor and Rebuilt auto trans.

Just for my piece of mind.
                      DooDoo

Comment

Working...
                      X