Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

which head flows better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which head flows better

which flows more or better? f22 sohc non vtec head, f23 sohc non vtec or f22 dohc non vtec head

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

F22a

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

F22A, but if you take it in and get it worked on then it's kinda up in the air.
      1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

kool thanx. im looking at a f23 block for $50, no tranny and no head. kid bought the motor for the head to put it on his f22b vtec to convert it to non vtec. we tested the compression before he pulled the head off 151psi on cyl. 1 & 4 and 153 on 2 and 150 on 3 that means all the rings are good there's just some carbon on top the pistons but no scaring or anything. the motor come out a running car with only 68,000mi on it. im thinking about pulling the f22a1 head off my parts car, do a bisimoto stg2 cam, bisi valve springs and ex. rocker spacer, port the head and port match an h23 intake mani to the head then p&p the tb and match the upper mani to the tb put a 4-2-1 header, balance and blueprint the stock injectors,msd blaster ss coil and run a p06 and tune it with chrome then put it to the ground through an act stg1 clutch and 12lb fidanza flywheel with the friction plate to an h23 tranny with a lsd unit. bam all the torque you could ever want below 4k. it would be so badass. stock form it makes about 135ft/lbs to the ground and about 115whp. the f22a1 makes with the same mods roughly 155-160whp and 140-145ft/lbs and it starts with about 110whp and 115ft/lbs so you figure thats about a % increase so if the f23 bottom end with the f22a1 head responds about the same the car could be capable of 162whp-167whp and 165-170ft/lbs. and still on 87-89 octane and 8.8:1 compression. HYPETHETICALLY SPEAKING. but im going to try it....but maybe with a little something extra

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

^ thumbsup weakest point in the f23 are its narrow rods. All motor I doubt youll have any problems.

Comment

Smaller rods? What was Honda thinking??

Yeah I was thinking of putting together a DD motor using the f23 bottom end and the A6 topend so I don't have to completely rewire the car. But I've read on the site that the f23 has smaller rods and mains than the rest of the f series. Whats up with that? Honda trying to save a few bucks in metal for the last of the f motors? Anyways, is the smaller rods + mains a common problem for the f23's?
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Does anybody have flow specs?
              Verde's clean 92 CB7

Comment

stock a1 head vs the same head ported n polished

Taken from HondaFan81's red project thread.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

IT depends. A DOHC is gonna flow a bit diff from a SOHC head. You have two SOHC's and a DOHC. And as mentioned the F22A outperforms the F22B1/2 heads. As for the F23A1 I am not sure since I have not seen flow tests for that head.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                  X