Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

dohc vtec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dohc vtec?

has anyone taken one without anything else in the engine to the track?time plz?
    i want to know whats the time on our cars by just slapping one on

huh?
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
      huh?
      in other words...someone that has a dohc vtec without turbo or anything.have they ran it on the track and what did it run?/time

Comment

High 14s, low 15s, depending on the driver, tires, clutch, transmission, and engine condition.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          High 14s, low 15s, depending on the driver, tires, clutch, transmission, and engine condition.
          oh ok thats koo!i need myself one of those for sure mines auto though

Comment

If you get the Prelude auto to go with it, it could be low 15s. They're not as quick as automatics. You can always convert it though! Well... it can be converted, anyway...

Comment

you need a h22, dont be fooled into buying a b motor, just because its dohc vtec, i think it might be in your best interest to do some motor research, and its not something you can just "slap on"

Comment

Sure you can just "slap on" a DOHC! Stick it right to the side of the car! It shaves off 2 seconds!

Comment

Sure you can just "slap on" a DOHC! Stick it right to the side of the car! It shaves off 2 seconds!

lol

have bought from ::
                  Frazzums, Ilikebigbutts

have sold to ::

Comment

Originally posted by zigg_1311
                    you need a h22, dont be fooled into buying a b motor, just because its dohc vtec, i think it might be in your best interest to do some motor research, and its not something you can just "slap on"
                    due i know that lmfao ill just het it from a prelude 2.2

Comment

Be sure you get the H22. There's an F22 to be found in the Prelude as well, and it's the same as the one you have now (or "worse")

People have come on here asking if they could put a B series in the CB7. Most people would say that it's not powerful enough, which is bull... but it would be a hell of a lot of work to get it to work properly, and it would be no better than an H22.

Comment

Originally posted by zigg_1311
                        If you mention a b series in an accord you just fail...Yea it will run will it do it effectively no. Technically the H22 is something you can "slap on" The modifications required for it is so little that IMO its easy. Try throwing on a K on an EG. Now thats a bitch.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Of course, you need at least half a brain to do an H swap... otherwise, it'd be quite impossible.

Comment

Be sure you get the H22. There's an F22 to be found in the Prelude as well, and it's the same as the one you have now (or "worse")

People have come on here asking if they could put a B series in the CB7. Most people would say that it's not powerful enough, which is bull... but it would be a hell of a lot of work to get it to work properly, and it would be no better than an H22.
                            yea i know i need to h22 but thnks for the heads up bro

Comment

Working...
                            X