Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Who has double stacked IAB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has double stacked IAB's

I just got my h23 intake manifold, and i thinking about just swapping the whole thing, and taking my iab plate from my a6 and putting it underneath my h23 iab's. I would like know who has done the double stacked iabs, and if they actually felt a difference in the increased runnner volume.

stack two functioning iab plates or two gutted or what? I'm guessing at leats one of them is gutted, cuz I don't know of any gains made by that. But don't quote me on this, but It actually increases plenum volume, not runner length.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

i am saying have one of the iab's hooked up, and then have the other set open all of the time. I want to see if anybody has done this at all, if not i think i am going to do it, and give it a try

Comment

dont seem differnt to me, ur just creating a little more velocity....id just delete one IAB and the other one make it funtion, ur going to need longer bolts though...hopefully it will clear the engine.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

how would this be an improvement?
          ____

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91
            stack two functioning iab plates or two gutted or what? I'm guessing at leats one of them is gutted, cuz I don't know of any gains made by that. But don't quote me on this, but It actually increases plenum volume, not runner length.
            Wrong.

By double stacking the plates, you are making the runners longer, not a bigger plenum.

If you double stack 2 IAB plates, you will have to remove the butterflies from whichever one, and plug up the holes with something.

This is essentially the same as using one of those blacktrax spacers on top or under neath the stock IAB plate. Except, the blacktrax spacer isn't as restrictive as the iab plates.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

sorry I was talking about a totally gutted iab plate. Like the picture below:

If you did it that way, it'd technically increase plenum volume...right?

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

now i dont know anything about this at all. But wouldnt that just mess up the air flow bath?

Like wouldnt it be going through smoothly and then when it hits that point, i would just all clobber up and screw up the pattern?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

sorry I was talking about a totally gutted iab plate. Like the picture below:

If you did it that way, it'd technically increase plenum volume...right?
                  read what d112crzy said, also u would want the spacer to match the ports

Comment

Yea, that would disrupt the hell out of the air flow.

Comment

so then what's the point of adding the spacer if all it's going to do is mess up the air flow?

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

so then what's the point of adding the spacer if all it's going to do is mess up the air flow?
                        That depends on where you put the spacer.

You can put it under the IAB plate. Just like shown in this thread
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=blacktrax

OR, if you want more top end power, get 2 spacers and eliminate the IAB plate completely. You'll have less restriction and gain a significant amount of top end power.

Comment

oh, so either under the iab plate, or just eliminate it completely. That makes sense actually. Thanks dude

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                            how would this be an improvement?
                            well if you delete one set of plates either from the a6 or h, than you extending the intake manifold, which then i can hold more air. that make a bigger air ratio.
                            miss my turbo cb7
                            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

not to thread jack, but when you use one of these plates, do you need to use a gasket also?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Working...
                              X