Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Code 43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Lucas or Redline fuel system cleaner, they are proven much better than the other crap brands. I personally run Lucas "upper cylinder lubricant" all the time......I suggest you buy this and run about a triple dosage for 2-3 tanks then level off to normal usage for the next 5000 miles. And definitely change the fuel filter, as said before, it could and usually is the most likely to cause low power. Get a good fuel filter such as Purolator PureOne, don't get FRAM and don't get K&N (the 2 extremes).
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85
      Use Lucas or Redline fuel system cleaner, they are proven much better than the other crap brands. I personally run Lucas "upper cylinder lubricant" all the time......I suggest you buy this and run about a triple dosage for 2-3 tanks then level off to normal usage for the next 5000 miles. And definitely change the fuel filter, as said before, it could and usually is the most likely to cause low power. Get a good fuel filter such as Purolator PureOne, don't get FRAM and don't get K&N (the 2 extremes).
      i dont really think using that much fuel cleaner crap is food for your fuel system. I think that is wayy overkill and would do more harm than good.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85

get a really good fuel filter like OEM!!! and what is upper cylinder lubricant? oil is oil! use bg products. bg 44k and moa for oil is proven to reduse wear and works! only one applicatin is nessassary!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

yeah the OEM fuel filter is made by BOSCH, part#71504. I had a tremendous difficulty in even fitting the OEM fuel filter that i got at a Honda dealer for some reason so look into this thread for further explanation
          Fuel Filter

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
            i dont really think using that much fuel cleaner crap is food for your fuel system. I think that is wayy overkill and would do more harm than good.
            No, it's not good to run it like that all the time, but a few large doses to clean everything out definitely won't hurt anything.
            My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
              get a really good fuel filter like OEM!!! and what is upper cylinder lubricant? oil is oil! use bg products. bg 44k and moa for oil is proven to reduse wear and works! only one applicatin is nessassary!
              Yes OEM is definitely good, Purolator (PureOne) is just as good though......I've seen very good reports on the PureOne line of filters.

Lucas calls their product "Upper Cylinder Lubricant" but it actually is more like fuel system cleaner with slight lubricity additives to oil the top of the piston/walls/valves.

I know that regularly running it in normal doses over 10,000 miles has tremendously changed the way my valves and pistons look....via a boroscope!
              My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

code 43

I have exactly the same problem with my 93 SE auto. The only one I have not try is Sea-foam since my is almost 197K. Here is what the other thread I am talking about.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=tume.
                One more thing the CEL is not lit up in the dash no more. However, the code is still there when I did the paper clip check. Anyone is welcome to chime in.

Comment

I have had this code. I changed just about everything injectors, fuel pump, fuel filter, and it wasnt until my tuner disable the O2 sensor that the code was figured out

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
                    I have had this code. I changed just about everything injectors, fuel pump, fuel filter, and it wasnt until my tuner disable the O2 sensor that the code was figured out
                    How do you disable the o2 sensor? If I disable it is my cel will be on?

Comment

Working...
                    X