Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Code 43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code 43

Sup Fellas,

(93 Coupe SE)

I'm having a problem. Got the old 43 code, put in a brand new Honda O2 sensor disconnected the positive on the battery to clear the computer and then re-connected. After a few miles of normal driving, the CEL light comes back on with the same code. What do I do next?

well Code 43 is Fuel Supply System.

Did anything happen before the code came on? Like anything significant that your leaving out?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

No nothing. This check engine light has been on for months, I've just been ignoring it. Finally put in a brand new O2 sensor and still the same light comes back on.

Comment

well do you remember what happened way back when it first came up?

Maybe your fuel system is clogged and it cant pump enough fuel. Are you feeling like you are being robbed for power? When i seafoamed my car and i put in a bad o2 sensor(cuz i didnt want to mess up the good one on the car), i got codes 1 and 43. I cleared the ECu and put back the good o2 sensor and it didnt come back

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

code 43 is regulated by long term fuel trim so either your running too rich or too lean. try cleaning out your injectors and fuel system. then start looking into sensors.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Also be sure to reset the ECU. Pull the battery for a few minutes. Sometimes old codes will reappear even after things are fixed.

Comment

John right on man!! I do feel like the car is being robbed of power! I hate to sound to much like a newbie but what is seafoam? If it were your car what would you do next? Go easy on me thou, I'm low on funds..

Comment

if it were me i would probably try running a bottle of some sort of fuel cleaner, and see what happens.

Do you drive a lot on low gas? Maybe your pump sucked up some debris? . If anything myabe drain the fuel tank when yo are low on gas and have some debis come out as a precaution?

Seafoam is a way to clean your engine. Depending on how and on what application it can do good or harm.

But turboaccord sounds more right than me. Im thinging that i got code 43 bc of the o2 and it was running to rich, which does make sense. So maybe yo could be getting it because your running to lean if your system is clogged somewhere.
                Last edited by JohnD1079; 12-15-2007, 01:55 PM.

Comment

John, if the CEL light flashes 4 times slow and 3 time fast can we asume its a code 43?

Comment

yizzurp

Comment

Thanks guys I'll try and clean out the injectors and see what happens. Im just gonna go with one of those which gets added to the gas tank for now. Any one brand in particular I should go with?

Comment

heyyyy... what about the fuel filter?
                        you might want to change that

Comment

x2 on the Fuel Filter. I forgot about that. Im going out on a sturdy limb here assuming that your car has a lot of miles and the Fuel Filter has never been changed. (Make sure you use new copper rings or else itll leak)

I usually go to Wal-mart and pick up a bottle of Fuel Injector or Fuel system cleaner. doesnt really matter, i dont think.

Comment

LOL always forget the fuel filter when this code pops up! change that and i almost garantee your code will go away!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                            member ride thread
                            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by Thule
                              John right on man!! I do feel like the car is being robbed of power! I hate to sound to much like a newbie but what is seafoam? If it were your car what would you do next? Go easy on me thou, I'm low on funds..
                              seafoam is a additive they make like carb cleaners oil, etc , even pentatrateing oil , one the applacations is to spray it through your t/b(intake)
                              and it is soppose to clean out all the carbon and in the upper head area,you can also use it as a fuel additive to clean out injectors and in the oil to clean out sludge . Now I have read the useing seafoam , chemtool and other products like this on higer mileage motors can damage the seals and gaskets,so I dont know I have used these products inthe past with not issues but I guess it is possible .
                              WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Working...
                              X