Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stuck motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck motor

My engine finally failed on me today and i want to know if what caused not 2 start, it cranked but didnt start my friend check my oil level but i was dry and i changed my oil,plugs,cap,rotor. Now my block is ceized wut happened. P.S I havent put in my new motor yet
    Last edited by Darkcloud; 12-13-2007, 12:29 AM.
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Your oil was dry? Empty? Gone? That's what happened.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

not enough info.......

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud
        My engine finally failed on me today and i want to know if what caused not 2 start, it cranked but didnt start my friend check my oil level but i was dry and i changed my oil,plugs,cap,rotor. Now my block is ceized wut happened. P.S I havent put in my new motor yet
        sounds like you had a leak lol you can spray wd40 in the spark plug holes and put a breaker bar on the crank pulley bolt and try and turn it do that a couple times a day and it should break free but the rings and cylinder walls will prolly need some love
        kms-fab.com repin the 513
        tuned1.com
        sleeperautosports.com
        i will build another frank

Comment

Is there oil in the oil pan?

Stupid questions but they have to be asked with this lack of info...

Is there a giant puddle of oil underneath the car?

Was everything reinstalled correctly (oil drain plug, oil filter, etc)?

Did you start the motor after completing the oil change or wait until today?

Comment

It's done. Replace or rebuild. If you ran out of oil and it seized, it's shot.

If it cranked, it's not seized. If it won't crank anymore, it's done. You can try what 924dr said, but even if it moves again, the insides are probably severely damaged.

Did your oil light come on at all before this happened? You say "finally failed" as if you expected this to happen.

If there was no oil in the motor, the motor didn't fail you... YOU failed your motor!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              It's done. Replace or rebuild. If you ran out of oil and it seized, it's shot.

If it cranked, it's not seized. If it won't crank anymore, it's done. You can try what 924dr said, but even if it moves again, the insides are probably severely damaged.

Did your oil light come on at all before this happened? You say "finally failed" as if you expected this to happen.

If there was no oil in the motor, the motor didn't fail you... YOU failed your motor!
              i jus wanna know how you leak/burn oil and not know about it or not fix it
              kms-fab.com repin the 513
              tuned1.com
              sleeperautosports.com
              i will build another frank

Comment

My h22 leaks or burns... I'm beginning to think burns, because I'm not seeing any puddles now that I park in the street. It sat without being started for a few months this summer, and the rings probably dried out... happened to my A20A as well. I don't care though, since I'm building another H22. If it blows, it'll just give me more reason to speed up the process! (I already have another A20A going turbo )

Still, it's never more than a quart low. I have enough sense to keep an eye on it.

Comment

I dont know if it was burning oil but every now and then there were spots of oil on the ground but that was from the valve cover and no oil light came on at all or check engine light. but it would crank fast then slow before it finally stop.
                  NEW CB

new

Comment

sympathy to your engine....
                    so what's your plan? swap it out and take a look at it before trash it?

Vouch for: Jarhead293, 2.2litrebeater, Darkshadow707, slammed4thgen, Pacman91ex.

Comment

pretty much
                      NEW CB

new

Comment

I dont know if it was burning oil but every now and then there were spots of oil on the ground but that was from the valve cover and no oil light came on at all or check engine light. but it would crank fast then slow before it finally stop.
                        Crank fast then slow? Do you mean over the last few weeks or while cranking? Cause that sounds more like a flat battery causing slow cranking.
                        And you say its cranking, as Deev said its probably not seized then.
                        More info Please

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

The slowing down makes that sond like a dead battery. Do you have dash lights? If not, try replacig your battery/jumpstarting.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Working...
                          X