Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Just swapped F22b with 5-spd conv. Now I stumped... Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just swapped F22b with 5-spd conv. Now I stumped... Help!

So I recently got my F22b into my cb7. I already did all of the wiring swap. It was pretty straight forward. I changed like 3-4 connectors and everything else just plugged right in. I also did everything to do a 5-spd conv. I just made my car think it was in park. I am running a P39 that came with the engine. Here is the problem I am running into. I changed the timing belt, balancer belt. Clutch, Flywheel, Pressure plate, and throwout bearing. Fuel filter, switched my fuel rail from my f22a to my 22b.

So here is the problem, I tried to start it last night and....nothing. It turns over, kind of sound like it wants to start, but nothing. I have spark, I have fuel...? WTF? I am also hearing this fucked up clicking sound. It kind of sounds like its coming from the transmission. If I put a socket on the crankshaft pulley, and spin it in the counter-clockwise direction, it moves a little than I hear and feel a click. I also can't get the damn, transmission into neutral. When I am turning the crank, I can see the gears in the transmission moving, when the trans should be in neutral.... I am stumped. Did I fuck up on the timing? Is that why its not firing up? One of my buddies stopped by to give me his opinion and he thinks I have the timing 180 deg off. What do you guys think? I need help on this asap. Please!

one thing I forgot.

I did use the H23 timing belt. If that matters at all.

Comment

Check you grounds. There is one on the valve cover and one that goes to the thermostat. Then the ones off your battery. When you replaced the timing belt did you move the crank or cams, or check the timing when the belt was on?
      -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

No a h23 doesnt matter.

Are u positive u centered the fork when u lined the tranny up.

some 1 here will help u out more better
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Centered the fork? The one the slave cylinder is attached to? I might not have... How would I have done this? I thought I triple checked the timing. I did everything except use a timing gun. I had crank at top dead center, Had both cams lined up, balance shaft lined up, and oil pump pulley in the correct spot. I even popped the cover off the distributor and it was pointing at #1. Did I miss something?
          Last edited by Skiers Eat Beef; 12-11-2007, 06:36 PM.

Comment

check your grounds the thermostat one fucked me...........

this might help you

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...d.php?t=111635

Comment

Originally posted by Skiers Eat Beef
              Centered the fork? The one the slave cylinder is attached to? I might not have... How would I have done this? I thought I triple checked the timing. I did everything except use a timing gun. I had crank at top dead center, Had both cams lined up, balance shaft lined up, and oil pump pulley in the correct spot. I even popped the cover off the distributor and it was pointing at #1. Did I miss something?
              do you have your spark plug wires from the distributor going into the correct cylinders?

firing order is 1-3-4-2 on the distributor, going clockwise. On the engine, 1 is next to the timing belt.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Yes, correct firing order.

My girlfriend has a 90 lx. So I am going back and forth between those two cars to make sure I have stuff straight. I pulled the spark plugs off one at a time. So I know that it is right. It matches my girlfriends. What about the shift fork being lined up, what about that?

I did follow your f22b swap guide...

Comment

Working...
                X