Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

automatic shifting upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatic shifting upgrades?

is there anyway to make the shifting process more efficient in an automatic?
    like an upgrade of sorts?

if not

how much would it cost to get a manual swap?

SOme 1 might no something,

But U can swap ur trans for a h23 trans.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

F22parts.com has an upgraded torque converter. That coupled with a fresh rebuild, and a tuner who understands how autos work to reprogram your shift points, quickness and firmness of shifts and you'd have a nice auto!

That is what I would consider if I ever go turbo....because an auto will HOOOLLLLD the boost through a shift.
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

level 10. Mainly modifying the valve body and stiffening up the springs will help it "shift" harder and so on.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

#1 Shift Pressure Solenoid
          Replace with NEW OEM unit
          17 years and its not up to racing
          Your man for wiring solutions!
          CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
          CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

haha get a Polyurethane front mount like I did. It seems to transfer more torque to the ground albeit at the expense of vibrations. Shifts are definitely crisper and quicker in my opinion.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

5spd swap...case closed.

*Needs*
              -New shocks
              -Struts
              -Drop
              -Cleaning
              -New Tires/Wheels
              -New Window Tint
              -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
                5spd swap...case closed.
                see, thats what im trying to avoid... but not really... do you know what i mean?

a 5spd swap would be nice, but upgrading the mounts sounds like a lot less of a pain the the wallet

but im not sure if thats really true

thanks for the feedback

Comment

lil engine upgrades help out too

4 door ex-l

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man
                    #1 Shift Pressure Solenoid
                    Replace with NEW OEM unit
                    17 years and its not up to racing
                    okay, okay, so where do i find this part and is it hard to install?

EDIT: i did forget to mention that the Honda dealer just replaced the front engine mount... what for im not sure, my grandma drove the car before me!
                    Last edited by lsn92ex; 12-12-2007, 12:39 AM.

Comment

if your worried about mount problems i wouldnt recommend taking an auto trans apart

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                      Originally posted by deevergote.
                      But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by accord2nr81
                        if your worried about mount problems i wouldnt recommend taking an auto trans apart
                        it's not that im worried about problems, i'd just like to improve

Comment

www.levelten.com

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                          My Ride thread
                          Flickr
                          Originally posted by d112crzy
                          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                          All I gotta really say is:
                          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

A 5 speed swap will be cheaper than any significant automatic transmission upgrade. If you buy the mount kit from ESP (they have a member shop here), you don't even have to weld the bracket. The ESP kit increases the cost of the swap pretty significantly, but you're not just replacing the mounts... you're upgrading them. ESP mounts are much better than old OEM mounts filled with urethane.

Stiffening your mounts will be good, but it won't do anything for your transmission... racing around on an old auto will still wear it out faster.

If you WANT to use your auto, Level10 is a very good suggestion. All the things mentioned above are good suggestions, in fact. If you don't necessarily want an automatic car, then the 5 speed swap will be cheaper... and it's not THAT difficult to do the conversion. Far easier than rebuilding an automatic transmission yourself!

Swap the shifter, run the cables, swap the pedals, run the hydraulic lines, change the mounts (weld the tranny mount bracket if you don't use the ESP kit). Install the transmission, install the proper axles, hook everything up... and that's about it. Simple? No. Too hard for you to figure out? Certainly not. It'll take some time, that's all. All the info you need is on this site.

Comment

All the info you need is on this site.
                              thats why i'm here

so, getting the 5spd swap is starting to sound better than the new mounts or 600 dollars for an upgrade

getting a new mount sounds like a weekend project where as a swap sounds like ill need to wait until summer break to have time to do it right...

edit: the part about installing the axles is the only thing i'd be worried about
                              Last edited by lsn92ex; 12-12-2007, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X