Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

killer cams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

killer cams?

i saw on youtube, about some kinda vtec-killer cam, the car sounded like a beast, wat do you guys think about these cams? and where can i get them? it was a b16 and do you guys think they're made for our cars?
    clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
    Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Originally posted by sleepygreen
    i saw on youtube, about some kinda vtec-killer cam, the car sounded like a beast, wat do you guys think about these cams? and where can i get them? it was a b16 and do you guys think they're made for our cars?
    Doubtful considering all F22aX are NON-vtec.... You can get rebuilt ones, with performance modifications, but thats about it (that i know of anyways)
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

killer cams are not for a DD, and not for a stock non vtec cb7........

Comment

You need to upgrade a hella lot more than just throwing those on. Those are probably equivalent to Bisi Stage 3 which is what Cisco is running in his white project. Also Toda mostly specializes in B and K series motors.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Just so you know, VTEC-killer cams just eliminate the VTEC function; in essence making it non-VTEC.
          -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
          1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

They're Toda's....race only, 5K and up...and B16/18's.
            2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
            Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
            1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

out of vtec, the car should be more sluggish, but i hear its a beast once it pops

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

i thought i read that it eliminates one stage of vtec? like it just keeps the vtec on the high side? i just read that in the guy's youtube description

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

If you look at the kit; it eliminates VTEC completely. What you're referring to is just running the high cam? Well the Killer camshafts lack the mid VTEC lobe; and instead the normal lobes are big. This help reduces rotational and reciprocating mass(lighter rockers can be used and less mass on the camshaft). I guess, to a certain extent, probably helps increase oil pressure around the head(probably negligible).
                  -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by sleepygreen

Post that video

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                    My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Just put in toda vtec killer cam on youtube...

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

here's the vids i saw, i thought he said it eliminated only one stage but now i can't seem to find that comment. Oh well, check out the sound of the civic on the first one! insane!

fly by of toda vtec killer

toda vtec killer demo

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by K2e2vin
                          Just so you know, VTEC-killer cams just eliminate the VTEC function; in essence making it non-VTEC.
                          making it non-vtec? so do you think it could work? and this bisi stage 3 is it over kill? i just like the sound of these cams
                          clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
                          Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

Make what work in what? If you're talking about putting VTEC Killer cams in a non-VTEC head, probably not(for the same head setup; DOHC or SOHC). I believe the VTEC camshaft has different journal sizes.

Those VTEC Killer camshafts are equivalent to putting a big cam in a non-VTEC engine.

Whether it's overkill or not depends on how much power you're looking for and driveability.
                            -Kevin

Comment

thoughs rockers are still lifting higher than stock arent they??? i would think that would mean it was just eliminating the wild lobes in VTEC at high RPM's and lifting higher throughout the powerband. if that where the case ecspecially on a SOHC engine it would seem like you would just be DUMPING gas.... without other MAJOR! mods. Roller Rockers do the same thing.... bypass the need for VTEC.
                              bet they sound beastly though!

Comment

Working...
                              X