Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22a or New Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a or New Suspension

This post will be short i have to go o work soon. Anyways I was wondering what you other guys would do out there. Wait a bit longer after tax return and buy the H22a or start with buying some nice suspension. This guy at my local shop said start with shocks and struts and then the motor. But I know some of us are very impatient. Well just let me know what you guys think.
    Leaving the game!

On both my Accord projects, I restored the suspension and brakes before any motor work was done. What good is a more powerful motor when the vehicle it is in handles like crap or takes too long to brake making you fearful of any speed? Logical to me. If you're suspension is so bad it can not even handle the stock motor, then why upgrade but to put yourself in more danger.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
      On both my Accord projects, I restored the suspension and brakes before any motor work was done. What good is a more powerful motor when the vehicle it is in handles like crap or takes too long to brake making you fearful of any speed? Logical to me. If you're suspension is so bad it can not even handle the stock motor, then why upgrade but to put yourself in more danger.
      I somewhat agree with you, but I had no problems starting with the motor first. I upgraded my suspension shortly after, and well as far as the brakes I only did a minor upgrade, so I would say that with stock brakes you are fine, and for the suspension you are good too, unless you are racing it or something, but in my opinion I would want to start with the motor and move from there, because once you are doing the swap you will notice that there are a lot of little things that need to be changed, so depending on your budget you might want to wait until you have a little extra for the swap, in that case wait unitl tax season and get started on your other upgrades

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

I did my motor first.

Then I redid the suspension and brakes realizing that I needed better suspension and brakes to deal with the increased power/torque of the new motor.

I say do the motor first, they you will really appreciate the need for a better suspension and brake system.
        DEVOTE

Comment

I did the swap 1st, although i wish i would have done the sus 1st.
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I did my motor first, but only because my original transmission was going bad (2nd gear was pretty much gone), and I had plans for an H22 already.

However, a FULL suspension overhaul/upgrade can actually make the car more fun, and as Cisco said, safer. Replace your bushings with urethane inserts, or at least new OEM rubber. Replace all ball joints, and any other worn connections. Upgrade your sway bars, and add good strut bars. Then, obviously, good springs and struts (or a coilover system). Don't cheap out on suspension, and you'll be impressed. Good tires and new brakes (even an upgrade there) would also be a very good idea!

The H22 is great, but I had my H22 in an otherwise stock car. It pulled nicely, but still handled like a tired old family sedan. It became much more fun with the suspension!

The F22 with a few affordable upgrades can provide plenty of scoot for the car. With a good suspension, the H22 won't be all that necessary, and only that much better when you finally get it. Unless your F22 is in bad shape, get the suspension. It's actually more likely that your suspension is severely worn out than it is that motor...

Comment

I did suspension upgrade first. Easy and you can feel a difference.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                I did suspension upgrade first. Easy and you can feel a difference.
                that's wat I'm workin on ... my suspension ... it should be done by this summer ... then I'm thinkin bout my swap ...

My Cm7

My Cb7 (DD)

Comment

i look at this way if ur the motor you have on you car runs and still driveable ill say do other stuff first

i say do suspension first
                  GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

I did suspension first. Honestly I have more fun with the suspension setup I got, and with a motor I'll be able to have even more fun.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Ok suspension then right, that seems to be the majority of the vote. Can anyone give any input on what type of setup. I know that I want tien racing springs, not to sure about the struts. KYB or something like that, Do not know. I shall research and see what kind of money I have. But will love your guys input on what is up.
                      Leaving the game!

Comment

Originally posted by nappyd420
                        Ok suspension then right, that seems to be the majority of the vote. Can anyone give any input on what type of setup. I know that I want tien racing springs, not to sure about the struts. KYB or something like that, Do not know. I shall research and see what kind of money I have. But will love your guys input on what is up.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=suspension

if you are doing the suspension, go for a complete job, bushings, ball joints, springs, dampers, and sway bars.

NOTE: For daily driving, you will find matching a mild spring with a sway bar set will give you the best ride and comfort, while still being sporty.

My choice: Tein H-Tech Springs, Tokico HP Shocks, Suspension Technique Sway bars, and new Honda OEM bushings.

Have fun
                        DEVOTE

Comment

dont mess with springs and shocks...these guys all say do it right and then tell you the cheap way out? full coilovers homie and dont cheap out like i did get the func forms or some badass tein ss be ready to drop at least 1000

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha

if you are doing the suspension, go for a complete job, bushings, ball joints, springs, dampers, and sway bars.

My choice: Tein H-Tech Springs, Tokico HP Shocks, Suspension Technique Sway bars, and new Honda OEM bushings.

Have fun

well put, you can get an energry suspsension master set for 100 $ and pick up a pair of tockico springs and struts for 300$ or even less add a reall (not ebay brand) sway bar up front and your car will handle with modern day sports cars.
                            ]

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                              dont mess with springs and shocks...these guys all say do it right and then tell you the cheap way out? full coilovers homie and dont cheap out like i did get the func forms or some badass tein ss be ready to drop at least 1000
                              Tein SS vs. the Neuspeed Cup Kit... we'll see who handles better.

However, for about $750, you CAN get some really nice coilovers (F&F Autolife Type 2). Still, coilovers often provide TOO MUCH adjustability. In the hands of someone that doesn't know what they are doing, it'd be a bad thing. Springs and shocks are good for the beginner... install em and forget em. Just get good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X