Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

can it be my tranny........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can it be my tranny........

well every morning I start my car 5-10 minutes before I'm about to leave.......so when my car is ready and all warmed up I get in my car and take off....... as soon as I give the car gas......the rev goes up but the car doesn't pick up speed........wat can it be........????

hoping it aint my tranny........

My Cm7

My Cb7 (DD)

It might be the tranny! How high do u have to rev it up before it picks up speed??

my ride page
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...24#post1781524

Comment

I think its your clutch its probably in need of replacement. 5speed or automatic?

Comment

Engine speed increases but vehicle speed does not?....Clutch.

Comment

sounds like a clutch to me
          "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
          ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
          US Navy Electrician
          Contact me if you need help on the side.
          '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
          '01 Civic LX
          '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

but if its an automatic, you may want to check the fluid in your tranny and smell it....if it is black and nasty looking and smells burnt, you may want to look into buying a new one. you could change the fluid and hope for the best, but we need to know what trans you have first before anymore advice is given.
            "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

US Navy Electrician
            '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
            '01 Civic LX
            '00 Tahoe

Comment

we need to know if its auto or 5 sp.

If 5 sp could be clutch, but usually you see graduall slipping untill it gets nothing(if its worn out) it could be throw out bearing

If Auto could be torque converter

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                If 5 sp could be clutch, but usually you see graduall slipping untill it gets nothing(if its worn out) it could be throw out bearing
                I disagree...a throw out bearing isn't going to cause slipping.

US Navy Electrician
                '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
                '01 Civic LX
                '00 Tahoe

Comment

Originally posted by drkshdw107
                  I disagree...a throw out bearing isn't going to cause slipping.
                  but it could cause the clutch to not engage

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                    but it could cause the clutch to not engage
                    Yeah. I can't remember the internals exactly, but do you think its so cold that it is slow to engage at first?

To the OP, is it only at first or all the time?
                    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by beanzfynest617
                      well every morning I start my car 5-10 minutes before I'm about to leave.......so when my car is ready and all warmed up I get in my car and take off....... as soon as I give the car gas......the rev goes up but the car doesn't pick up speed........wat can it be........????

hoping it aint my tranny........
                      Please learn to provide all relevant information, like what type of transaxle to get better answers. You only will get in return what you put in.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I have an automatic.....and idk wat type of tranny it is but I have a f22a with 175,xxx miles.....I'm guessing its the tranny.....

My Cm7

My Cb7 (DD)

Comment

Torque converter is supposed to generate torque at take off. When you get up to speed its fine right? Only take off is a bitch like there is no power? You have any lights flashing?

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if its the torque converter, i got one for you. $15

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                              Torque converter is supposed to generate torque at take off. When you get up to speed its fine right? Only take off is a bitch like there is no power? You have any lights flashing?
                              Don't torque converters just allow constant movement from the crankshaft to become on and off movement of the tranny via fluid? Or do they also actually generate more torque during acceleration?

Comment

Working...
                              X