Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car screeching sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car screeching sound

the car screeches and im not sure why that is... its every once in a while usually when its a cold start it'll go off then later stop. I know for sure its one of the belts, so does this seems like a certain belt needs to be replaced?

my members ride page

Its your belts.

Most likely your timing belt but it could very well be your PS/AC belt.

Comment

Tighten your accessory belt or its worn. If your timing belt is screeching you got problems.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

could even b the alternator bearings goin out. my brother is having the same problem with his car. screams when cold and once it gets hot it only screams when theres alot of load on it

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
          Most likely your timing belt but it could very well be your PS/AC belt.
          The timing belt will NEVER screech... if it does that, it's about to snap. The timing belt is pulled by a gear. The accessory belts are pulled by smooth pulleys. The pulleys are the cause for the screeching, since improper tension will cause the belt to slip.

Belt slippage can be due to belts that are too loose or too tight. Cold belts squeal more than warm belts, since the rubber expands and gets tackier (for the lack of a better word) when it gets hot.

Replace all visible belts. The timing belt should probably be replaced as well, but that is guaranteed to be a totally unrelated thing to this issue.

Comment

Might it have to be with the heater? I get a similar screeching noise when the heater is on but when I turn it off, its gone.

Stock 10th Anniversary Edition.

Comment

i will most definately check out the belts to see what the deal is...i assume it is the ps/ac belt, because yea it'll stop abruptly when i turn off the ac . ill research to see if theres a diy for these belts .Thanks guys

my members ride page

Comment

Most likely your timing belt but it could very well be your PS/AC belt

where did u come up with that 1 and worst of all u wrote that like u knew what u where talking about i know when 1 of my belts squeel its certainly not my timing belt think about it if ur timing belt was slippin to squeel the car wouldint run for long super jump the timing.u should b more careful when givin advise.

Comment

No way your Tbelt could make a noise like that since it has teeth

Probably slipping on the PS pump
                  wat?

Comment

Originally posted by Saysana13b
                    Might it have to be with the heater? I get a similar screeching noise when the heater is on but when I turn it off, its gone.
                    Is your AC on? Even if you have it set to full heat, and the AC is on, it kicks the AC compressor on the remove moisture from the air (defogger), thus the squealing, most likely.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

My alternator belt did it for a while whenever I started the car when it was cold.

As mentioned, check you PS and ALT belts to make sure they are not loose or worn.

As soon as I tightened my alternator belt the sound went away.

T-belts squeak?
                      3 CB's gone....
                      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

well now i have a ricer exhaust (Fart CAN!!) so others might get the idea i dont have money and im just a wanna be

my members ride page

Comment

Working...
                        X