Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Electrical problem? Or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical problem? Or something else?

Alright, heres the story.

I've been driving around all day yesterday, without any problems. I drive from a fast food restaurant to Target which is less than 3 miles away. Park car, go in blah blah, I go to stick my key in and turn it, nothing happens, (the cluster lights don't come on and the car doesn't crank) it seemed like the battery wasn't connected so I looked and I played around with the cables and tried again. This time the cluster lights went of for a second but when I turned it all the way to start the car it went dead as before. I tried it one more time and the car started but it was idling way too low.

I've got a 93' lx 5 speed

Any help would be very helpful and greatly appreciated!

josh

1. If you played with the terminals and it came on that way check your connectors. After all it is an old car and those just might have gone out on you. (were they loose? massively corroded?)

2. Test your battery make sure its holding charge (any auto parts store will do this for free unless you have a DVOM)

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

same thing happened to me one day. turned out to be my battery terminals, change them ASAP. i didnt change mine for a couple of weeks and then my battery finally died because i had jump started it too many times.

so save your battery and change them now

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
      be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

Battery terminals have been changed! it starts up great now without any problems! Thanks Nail and Busak!

I thought changing the terminals would eliminate the idle problem, but it hasn't.
        It has gotten a little bit worse, stalling out when I have the clutch in, mostly when I take a turn but it won't do it every time though. Also when I have it in gear I don't have any problems.

My paps says its the fuel filter, is he right?

Comment

bumpage!

Comment

Working...
          X