Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

South Jersey Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Jersey Please help

Ok i just got my car back from auto shop class.....I drove it home from school and it needs helpppppp baddddd.....i need someone with expiernce to help me out....the rpm shoot up and down....im getting a ECT code from ecu....clicking noise from suspension...car shakes once and a while...also speedo not working ...also feel like there is no power at all............HELP i would like to meet this weekend or ASAP
    Last edited by Bcozzi71; 12-11-2007, 01:51 PM.

The rpms going up and down is a dirty iddle valve, cleaning or replacing it should do the trick. The suspension noise could be a control arm or bushings.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

i no its all simple stuff just i, lost and need help....anyone in south jersey or Philly can help me out ....

Comment

Sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere on your intake system. A broken vehicle speed sensor. About the clicking noise, could be anything on your suspension. Any shop mechanic should be able to fix this problems...
        Hopefully it'll get fixed soon...

Comment

bump

Comment

May i ask why your auto shop had your car?

Sounds like they straight fucked your shit up.

My suggestion....have it towed to a mechanic you trust and let them see if there is something worse then you know about....since i get the feeling you dont know whos hands have been on what.

Comment

well the old motor blew and i dont have the right tools and my school doesnt have a autoshop so my friend in the next town over said they could do th swap...when i could i would go over thier and help but i really wasnt allowed to becasue i wasnt in class. I should have done it in my garage but i dont have a lift metric tools or a lift

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71
                well the old motor blew and i dont have the right tools and my school doesnt have a autoshop so my friend in the next town over said they could do th swap...when i could i would go over thier and help but i really wasnt allowed to becasue i wasnt in class. I should have done it in my garage but i dont have a lift metric tools or a lift

I hate to say this my friend but your going to end up paying 2x what you would have paid if you would have done the swap yourself.

Heck if you just bought a replacement motor offline all you really need to do is rent a hoist and some wrenches and you could have done it yourself.

When you start getting into swaps thats when it gets somewhat tricky but even then its just a matter of the ECU, harness and some other things.

Best of luck man.

When i hear that you were having a motor put in and now the suspension makes noise....thats not good man.....tells me someone didnt know what the fuck they were doing.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

i dont trust school auto shop classes. i took my dropzones there and they fucked them up. i had to redo some things.

the idle issue is a vacuum leak somewhere

the suspension squeak is because someone didnt installed the suspension right, and either over tighten and stripped a bolt or didnt tighten a bolt at all.

it shakes because of poor alignment or either one motor mount isnt tighen

and the speedo not working is due to a ground. most likely the ground on the ps pump bracket/valve cover/engine mount area.

good luck, and next time take it to an actual shop.
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

bump

Comment

My RPM's have jumped up and down b4 and i sprayed the idle valve with carb cleaner and that seemed to do the trick. It does it sometimes from time to time but it's been a while since i cleaned it.

The noise can basically be anything suspension related... Did it make that noise before? If its clicking while like turning or what not its prob axles.
                      If its like a knocking sound when going over bumps and some turns it usually balljoints or bushings that are cracked. I say try to look and see if the boots are your control arms are messed up.

I think to test out if its the upper control arm you just have to jack the car up, put one hand at 12 and the other at 6 and move it up and down and see if it moves if it does its your upper control arm. If you do the same side to side i beleive that one is your lower ball joint.

Let me know if you need any help
                      Last edited by icedplaya123; 12-08-2007, 12:06 PM.

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                      Frost White Member 13
                      My Ride
                      "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

i havnt heard the clicking noise yet but ill do look into it. yea i think its a vaccum line. Also there are like 10 plugs not pluged in.I need someone who can do a swap easy and tell me where things go. Anyway yo could come by sometime and help out

Comment

i havnt heard the clicking noise yet but ill do look into it. yea i think its a vaccum line. Also there are like 10 plugs not pluged in.I need someone who can do a swap easy and tell me where things go. Anyway yo could come by sometime and help out
                          i've never done a swap b4 thats but we could always do a compare and contrast with another engine bay lol. The plugs are they just like electrical connectors? or hoses that go into the black box in the firewall ?

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                          Frost White Member 13
                          My Ride
                          "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

yea i was trying to do taht with pictures but they are to far away.they are like electrical connectors.... its a f22a6 swap
                            Last edited by Bcozzi71; 12-08-2007, 12:51 PM.

Comment

What motor is this? Is the suspension stock or modified?

Clean the IACV, adjust the screw on the throttle body, and make sure your vacuum lines are properly connected. That should fix your erratic idle.

The non-working speedo is probably your VSS. Either not hooked up properly, or busted.

The clicking sound from the suspension, when does that happen? If it's when you turn, it's likely to be an axle. If it's when you're going over bumps, it could be blown shocks, bad ball joints, or just about anything down there... crawl under the car and look for torn boots, busted bushings, or anything loose. If there's grease all over the place, and no boots are torn, it's probably a blown shock.
                              It's to vague of a description to give any real advice on that.

When does the car shake? While driving? What speed? While braking?
                              Driving at speed, shakes are often wheel balance. A blown shock will contribute to that, and any loose or broken bushings can play a part as well. If it's not wheel balance, your shake is most likely related to whatever is wrong with the suspension.

As for the ECU, what code is it giving you? Jump the blue service connector under the passenger side dash and it'll flash out a code.

Comment

Working...
                              X