Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Already posted this a little while back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already posted this a little while back

Hey guys, don't know if this thread will be deleted or not, but here goes nothing.

I posted this in the "swaps" section a couple days ago, and still haven't gotten a response. Just figured more people are on the beginner/technical section then the Swap section, so maybe I'll get some feed back.

Aright so I'm putting an h23 head on my f22a1 (internal coil) block. I just gutted out the h23 dizzy, except for the shaft. BTW this is my first time seeing inside of a distributor haha, so bear with me.

Like I said, I gutted it all out. Here's a pic of everything disassembled:

I noticed on the "guts" of it, there are these three sensors/rotors I guess you could call em. Something about how they pick up the electric signal from the spinning shaft. Well, they have the same white tab as the main rotor does, but they look pretty worn out. Is there any way to replace em for more power/efficiency/dependability? Or is it fine the way they are.

Here's a pic of the sensor/rotors I was talking about if you didn't understand me.

Hope this doesn't get deleted, and hope this gets a response.

Thanks guys

^^click it or ticket^^

to get an internal coil going, you will need wiring harness, computer, crankcase cover, because on the crankcase cover there are crank postition sensors, which sends signals to the distrutor to tell it when to spark. i help my bro switch from external to internal coil on his cd5. but we found out the motor wasnt making compression, so we said screw it and swapped a new motor in with a external coil.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

i would say leave the internal coil and trade it for an external aits almost maitnece free

the rebuild!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

Those don't have power going through them like the rotor does.
        They have a little surface rust, not surprising. Suppose you could gently clean some of the rust off if it makes ya feel better, but it shouldn't affect a thing.
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Ah that's what I was looking for Otto. Thanks man.

As for the swap, I'm just swapping in my wires and sensors from my internal f22a1 dizzy. My motor has always been internal coil, but I'm doing the h23 head swap, and the h23 dizzy I bought is external, so I had to convert it.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

No problem man. The swap I'm not familiar with, so I'll have to leave that to someone else if ya have any questions. Good luck.
            Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

from what I have researched (which mainly is me just bugging all the mods until I realized that the search button really is our best friend) all you have to do is take out the wires, leave in the shaft from the external dizzy and then bolt in the wires from my internal coil dizzy and it should all work. Someone even said that the cap fits.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Working...
              X