Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

a6 intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a6 intake manifold

where is it acually located? is it that thing in between the engine and the programmed fuel injection. sorry, ttal newb.

i think its the thing thats underneath the fuel rail.....i will need that for my a1. n e thing else? ive already got the pt6 and cam w cam gear. any sensors?

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

Originally posted by cleanjdm
    where is it acually located? is it that thing in between the engine and the programmed fuel injection. sorry, ttal newb.

i think its the thing thats underneath the fuel rail.....i will need that for my a1. n e thing else? ive already got the pt6 and cam w cam gear. any sensors?
    wow this is a total noob question.....lolz. ill help ya out.

the intake manifold is a part on our cars in which intake air gets sucked into the motor. basically the intake manifold is this.....

the difference between the f22a1 and f22a6 intake manifold are the runners and the flaps inside.

f22a6 intake mani

its #4

and f22a1 intake mani

see how one has 4 holes and the other has 8?

the 4 holes are alright, but for more airflow at 4,000rpm +, honda designed the f22a6 intake mani. what happens is when your driving down the road, the flaps are closed, as soon as you hit 4k, the computer sends a signal to a vacuum box, which pressurizes the valve on the side of the intake mani to open the flaps. when this happens it increases the amount of air entering the motor.

what you need to convert to a6 mani is:

pt6 (accord ex) computer
    vacuum lines
    the vacuum box
    intake mani
    egr plugs
    heres a nice diy

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ntake+manifold
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

You the MAN QUICKANGEL

DO u need a a6 head to work with the a6 intake mani?

i should no this buy now but i dont
      Last edited by F20A CB7; 11-28-2007, 11:39 PM.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

That really is one hell of an explanation! That's the kinda stuff the guys who know the answers need to start doing here in the Beginner Forums. If all questions were answered like that, the "noob" level of this site would drastically decrease!

Comment

i agree with you deev, it also makes it nice when there is no smart @ssness i think you informed him well without making him feel stupid. Bump for kindness

Comment

That's how it should be. That's why people get banned for being jerks in the Beginner Forums

When I started, I knew nothing at all. I wanted to hook a turbo up to a switch so I could have power and save gas. I learned. Everyone else can learn... they just need people to teach them, not belittle them! Responses like quickangel93's are exactly what we need. cleanjdm now knows just about everything there is to know about the manifold he asked about. Not only was his question answered very thoroughly, but now HE can help someone else with the same question!

Comment

if you were still in cali, I could help you out. good luck bro.
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                You the MAN QUICKANGEL

NO U DONT DANIELSAN!
                USDM [H] PiMP

iP0P VTEC
                WhiTE B0Y!!!

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                  You the MAN QUICKANGEL

no, the head is the same design as the a1. the only thing is different is the cam.
                  miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                    no, the head is the same design as the a1. the only thing is different is the cam.
                    The A6 also has different valve springs, as the part numbers are different. Probably slightly stiffer. Not really a huge deal.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      The A6 also has different valve springs, as the part numbers are different. Probably slightly stiffer. Not really a huge deal.
                      so should i get the springs and liftersfrom an a6?

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

Comment

so should i get the springs and liftersfrom an a6?
                        you you should just get a head. much easier than taking everything apart.
                        miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Very true. F22A6 heads aren't very expensive.

Comment

haha look what i found, it kinda relates a little bit

F22a6 w/ H22a1 plenum and TB swap

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                            X