Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whining steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whining steering wheel

Every so often for the last week, my steering wheel howls when I am cornering, my ex-girlfriends ex did this also.

i am thinking it is my PS pump, or maybe the fact I topped off the fluid with cheap gas station fluid on my trip back to Oregon....

It is worrying me, but not too much, any ideas?

PS pump or something is pinching the PS line. Make sure your not low on fluid also.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yea, I checked all the basic stuff, it is good on fluid, and the pinched line was the first thing I looked for.

What is weird about it is that her car made the EXACT same noise, and it does not sound like it is coming from under the hood at all, it really sounds like it is in the cabin.

I cant describe the noise, I say it is like a little puppy dog whining, I used to joke about it in her car all the time.

She has her power steering pump replaced, and it still made the noise, so I don't know.

I saw a post about PSF-V additive, and i am going to look tomorrow to see if it has been done.

she has been driving her car like that for over 4 years, so i am not overly concerned about it, it is just weird, I dunno.

Comment

Check your rack and pinion?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yea, I am going to crawl under there tomorrow.

I have a feeling I am going to be chasing my own tail on this one... LOL

Comment

how can u tell from look at your rack to know if it needs to be replace or bad?

1994 Accord Coupe LX BPU
            1991 Galant VR4 #1395/2000 Sold
            1990 Accord EX 4DR Sold
            1990 Galant Base Model junked it
            1991 Accord EX 4DR gave away

Comment

yeah mine makes that same noise. usually when i had just started the car and take this turn... but yeah it actually hasent done it in quite a while.... im suprised cuz i "accidently" drift a lil in it. but like 3 weeks ago is when i would have to say i last herd it. if you find out what it might be let me know.
              Accord SE

93se
              Members Ride
              Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
              Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

mine did that. I added fluid and it went away.

I test drove a 2006 Lincoln LS with 12k on the clock and it did that. Domestics POS, FTL, even though i like that car

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Most Ford products have power steering whine. It's their PS pumps, they're junk. Most pro auto part stores (e.g. ones that supply shops with parts, not Autozone or the like) will carry a specific PS fluid with additives that address this concern. I had a Ford Ranger and a Mazda B4000, and both PS pumps did the same thing. Drove me crazy until one of the techs I work with now told me what it was.
                  ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                  '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                  Short ram intake
                  Tenrai Himoto catback
                  Smashed front end
                  Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                    mine did that. I added fluid and it went away.

I test drove a 2006 Lincoln LS with 12k on the clock and it did that. Domestics POS, FTL, even though i like that car
                    I LOVE the LS. It's the only Ford product that I would really like to own! I want to find some way to cram the Mustang 4.6 into the V6 5 speed LS... I've been told it can't be done.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      I LOVE the LS. It's the only Ford product that I would really like to own! I want to find some way to cram the Mustang 4.6 into the V6 5 speed LS... I've been told it can't be done.
                      Sorry OP

But ya, i really wanted to buy one before i started on my CB projects.

But they are soo expensive, and by the time theyre cheap, theyre shit.

06 v6 with 12k on it = $29,000. I was like woah, i cant afford this. And i wanted the v8 anyways. I wouldnt want a 5 sp this is luxury all auto for me in this case

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

5sp with a Mustang V8 = luxury Mustang Heavier, but whatever. That just means that the motor has to be more powerful!

Again, sorry OP (He got pretty much every possible answer anyway! )

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          Again, sorry OP (He got pretty much every possible answer anyway! )
                          Yea, I did.

I did find out that it does not have that psf-v additive tho.

Anyone know where to get it? most likely the dealer

Comment

just use some regular stuff
                            wat?

Comment

sounds like you could have air in the that may need to be bleed out.
                              H22 Swapped

Comment

Working...
                              X