Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

pt6 ecu upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by riceraccord
    It doesnt matter which ecu you have they are the same for the auto and manual
    ooh!
    i thought that some the settings are different thats all.
    so does it harm my mpg with the pt6 in my mostly stock f22a1 only mods on ti is a catback with a hallowed out cat and homemade intake aka cut the bottom off the intake box.
    back at it again

Comment

if your thinking about a P06 expect your idle to be messed up like mine was.
      Fun with Paint... haha.

OHIO CB7's

Comment

Originally posted by i-07
        ooh!
        i thought that some the settings are different thats all.
        so does it harm my mpg with the pt6 in my mostly stock f22a1 only mods on ti is a catback with a hallowed out cat and homemade intake aka cut the bottom off the intake box.
        You really dont get the full effect of the pt6 ecu unless you get the A6 manifold,A6 cam and a good flowing exhaust. I have the A6 intake and pt6 ecu and I feel like I lose power on the top end and thats cause the A6 cam is more aggressive. Not to sure about the mpg I average anywhere from 22 to 25 depending on how heavy my foot is at any given time.
        I need a 14b or 16g turbo!

Comment

if you have a 5spd get the pt6 5spd. if u have the auto grab the auto. optimal effects grab hold of a a6 mani or to a h23 mani swap
          Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
          Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
          Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
          Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Comment

You really dont get the full effect of the pt6 ecu unless you get the A6 manifold,A6 cam and a good flowing exhaust. I have the A6 intake and pt6 ecu and I feel like I lose power on the top end and thats cause the A6 cam is more aggressive. Not to sure about the mpg I average anywhere from 22 to 25 depending on how heavy my foot is at any given time.
            so i should put the pt3 back in for now?
            my exhast has nothing in it.strait threw empty.
            back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by js593
              Well i just found out tuning a P06 ECU here (chipped civ) is like 5 bills.... its stupid how much they charge, but its also like 10 dyno runs, and 5 hours of tuning... I figure i would just get the PT3 and get something that see's higher airflow... or even just get the PT3 thats programmed for slightly higher air flow, and smack that on... it technically should see an improvement in my milage as i do have more air comin in... im gonna grab one on the weekend... I have yet to pull an ecu though, mind tellin me whereabouts it is? Is it under the carpet passenger side?

thanks.

If you spend some time learning how to tune your own ECU, it'll cost about half that. When you have the equipment, and get really good at it, you can then provide an inexpensive service like MRX or d112crzy, chipping ECUs and tuning them for local people (or distant, as MRX has flown to do it... he flew up when he did mine!)

And yes, it has been my experience that increased airflow means more fuel from a stock ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by inferno1414
                if your thinking about a P06 expect your idle to be messed up like mine was.
                From my experiences find someone that KNOWS what they are doing...All chipped ECU's sold come with a BASEMAP on this site which means you have to get it tuned eventually. If you have a hard time starting up then I would read up how to adjust the parameters and find out the program used for that ECU.

Either way the PT6 will go on the only limiter you will have is the rev limiter at like 6800.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

so i should put the pt3 back in for now?
                  my exhast has nothing in it.strait threw empty.
                  No I would just leave it. It is an improvement over the pt3 but I was just saying you will get optimal performance with the whole package.
                  I need a 14b or 16g turbo!

Comment

No I would just leave it. It is an improvement over the pt3 but I was just saying you will get optimal performance with the whole package.
                    what about mpg and my emissions test i have next month.cuz i live in mass.
                    back at it again

Comment

how do i know if i have a pt3 or pt6 im getting a a6 cam dis weekend and i think i want to get da pt6 but how do i know its a pt6??
                      clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
                      Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by sleepygreen
                        how do i know if i have a pt3 or pt6 im getting a a6 cam dis weekend and i think i want to get da pt6 but how do i know its a pt6??
                        it will say pt6 on the side of it in small letters.
                        back at it again

Comment

so you would think thats a good idea to get the cam and the pt6? and how hard is it to change the cam? this one guy is charging me 150 to change it i believe he's tryna jip somebody,...
                          clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
                          Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by sleepygreen
                            so you would think thats a good idea to get the cam and the pt6? and how hard is it to change the cam? this one guy is charging me 150 to change it i believe he's tryna jip somebody,...
                            um.... is that for the parts or labor??
                            back at it again

Comment

UNbolt the valve cover, Slip off t belt and mark it on the cam gear, Pull off arm assembly (proper sequence for taking off and on), cam should come out, Transfer cam pulley over (optional), install is the same way. Might want to throw some oil in the journals to prevent "dry"startup" which isnt too healthy for the cam.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

what about mpg and my emissions test i have next month.cuz i live in mass.
                                i still need to know if the pt6 on my f22a1 will make me fail the emissons test in MA.
                                back at it again

Comment

Working...
                                X