Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Finally got a problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a problem.

So, I bought the car in May 2007, from my dad. He took care of it pretty well. Kept the Oil changed every 3,000-3,500 miles. Never drove it hard. It's got 222,000 miles on it, and runs strong. Well, when I bought it, I changed a buncha things. Spark plugs, wires, valve cover gasket, intake, flushed the radiator, did a buncha stuff. Seafoamed it, went Synthetic on the oil about a month ago. Been takin' good care of it, but I drove to Tennesse about 3 weekends ago. About 500 miles to, and 500 back. I've never had a problem with the car yet, but on the way back, outta nowhere, the car started sputterin' real bad, and I looked down at the gauge's and the temp. gauge was up in the Red. Pulled over, called my step-dad. He came up, checked it out. One of my radiator hoses exploded. Anti-freeze went everywhere. He replaced the hose, and I drove it the rest of the way home (80 miles), filled it back up with water, did the good stuff. On the ride home, it was sputterin', but after awhile it calmed down, but we figured it was just cause some of the anti-freeze most likely got sucked in by the air filter/Intake. Well, the sputterin' calmed for a bit, but then now...when my car warms up, it sputters when it idles. I start it up, it sputters a bit, give it some gas, after a few seconds, it sits at about 1500-2000 and slowly warms up. (we replaced the thermostat with a 180 degree) But once it warms up, it starts sputterin' really bad, and now it's smoking. It's not burning any oil. I drove clear to Clarksburg last night (40 miles to, and 40 back), and checked the oil. Same spot it was when I left. Never had a problem with the oil, other then the oil pan gasket I need. My step-dad's pretty decent with workin' on cars and all, and he said something about my head gasket, since my car overheated, and I don't know how long it was hot, cause I didn't notice it, until it started sputterin'. We've kept water in it for awhile, and I just bought a jug of Anti-freeze about a week ago, and ever since I did that, it started smokin' a little. I seafoamed it this mornin', to see if the cause of it, was the anti-freeze that it sucked in, but it shouldn't smoke this much after drivin' it for awhile after it's been seafoamed. But like I said, ever since I added the anti-freeze, it's smoked, but when it had just water in it, it wasn't bad. Just smoked like...a tea pot does when the water's boiling. He said something about the water/anti-freeze gettin' into my intake through the head gasket. I'm just wonderin' if a head gasket is the cause, or if anyone else's had this problem. When I say sputter, I mean....the car sounds like an oldies Cammed muscle car. Put put put put put. But it only goes it when it's warm. I brought up the fact, that...it could possibly be a 90% chance of it bein' a head gasket, cause the thermostat doesn't open, until the car gets warm enough for it to let the anti-freeze flow out, and the car starts sputterin' when it's at about half way, and I'm pretty sure the thermostat makes it's action around that time. Oh, and I've had to add Anti-freeze/water 2 times since I added water before. And it's not leaking it, so I'm pretty sure it's going somewher ein the engine. Just lookin' for some input. Thanks.
    Last edited by Gotz Cb7; 11-25-2007, 11:15 PM. Reason: Forgot a few things. Sorry.
    98' Mustang 3V Swap
    11' VW CC R36

yea i think you cracked the headgasket. cus it will sputter when water gets in the cylinders.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

i'd say you have a blown head gasket w/ a warped head. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

That overheating made your head warped I suppose. When you replace your headgasket I would check for abnormalities on the head and get it fixed.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

x4 to the above
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Yea, my step-dad said he'd help me with the head gasket. We just gotta find a place to get the head shaved. Oh, and my fan isn't running. I see 2 fuses on the fuse box under the hood. The regular 10amp fuse is fine, but the relay fuse...how the hell do you tell if they're bad?
            98' Mustang 3V Swap
            11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7
              Oh, and I've had to add Anti-freeze/water 2 times since I added water before. And it's not leaking it, so I'm pretty sure it's going somewher ein the engine. Just lookin' for some input. Thanks.
              Well...that's one tell-tell sign of a cracked head...

Ummm, far as the relay goes, only way I know is replace it and see...not sure if you could use a multimeter and check for continuity or not...maybe?
              Last edited by aRaKNiD; 11-26-2007, 05:34 PM.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Speaking of sigs... aRaKNiD, yours takes up more than my entire screen. Shrink it, or I will.

Comment

Just a possibility...was thinkin' about it today....if I'ma take the head off, what would be a positive if I were to get an h22 head? Pretty sure it'd bolt straight on, but....compression and all. What exactly would have to be done, to make that possible, and is it worth it? (f22a6)
                98' Mustang 3V Swap
                11' VW CC R36

Comment

Working...
                X