Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cold temp.... transmission woes.... anyone else here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold temp.... transmission woes.... anyone else here??

Ever since we had cold weather in NY - past couple of weeks... my 91 accord dosent want the shift to 4th gear, sometimes skips 1st gear... the S light stays on then intermittent..... after 10 mins of driving its all great.... when its 50 degrees outside.... no problems what so ever..........
    what do you think it is guys??? I put in a refurbished TCU few weeks ago....

If the S light is on, that means it's telling you there's an error. I believe the service connector under the passenger side of the dash (little blue plug) will cause the D4 light to flash a code if you jump it. Just pull out the blue plug and stick a wire or metal paperclip in the holes ("jump" it, or connect the two holes with the wire or paperclip). Turn the key to the II position, before the engine starts, but when all the dash lights come on. Count the flashes... long ones are 10s, short ones are 1s. Like the ECU, the TCU will tell you of an error this way.

I'm not an expert on automatics, so I can't say my advice is solid... so I'd wait for someone else to back me up.

Also, you might want to change your fluid to some authentic Honda ATF. Frequent fluid changes will keep your auto tranny alive. Neglect will kill it. Honda automatics have a reputation for failing early... but honestly, that's only when the fluid isn't changed when it should be!

Comment

when did you do your tranny service last? usually you supposed to change tranny fluid ever 15k or every 5 oil changes. let me do some research and get back to you. also mike told you some good info.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

tranny drain/fill 3k miles ago..... fluid is clean. could it be the shift selenoids?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          Also, you might want to change your fluid to some authentic Honda ATF. Frequent fluid changes will keep your auto tranny alive. Neglect will kill it. Honda automatics have a reputation for failing early... but honestly, that's only when the fluid isn't changed when it should be!
          You call 16-17 yrs early? ohh man, you must have high expectations, LOL.

sorry, i dont know anything about autos.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

You can try changing ur tranny oil. If it is still triggering your "S" light try reading the code. Most likely its ur TCU again. I've through this whole deal about TCU's last summer and learned that you have to replace the TCU with the same year and most specifically the same part no. that is on the broken TCU that you are replacing. You should have warranty from the place you bought it from if you have just got it recently. Hope you'll fix the problem

Comment

Yea, my S light started comin' on after my car overheated about 3 weeks ago. I also lost overdrive, but this morning, I noticed that it was back. The S light comes on whenever it wants to, and it actually comes on, like as if I had pushed the button on. The gears stick longer, just like it is when I have the S button on. But my S button's been disconnected for about a month and a half now. I don't think it's going up, but I could also be wrong. 222,000 with the same tranny. Might be it's time. I need motivation to swop a 5 speed in it anyway. =D!
              98' Mustang 3V Swap
              11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by 9tAkord
                You can try changing ur tranny oil. If it is still triggering your "S" light try reading the code. Most likely its ur TCU again. I've through this whole deal about TCU's last summer and learned that you have to replace the TCU with the same year and most specifically the same part no. that is on the broken TCU that you are replacing. You should have warranty from the place you bought it from if you have just got it recently. Hope you'll fix the problem
                The TCU was changed w/exact part#..... yes i have warranty,... will try pull codes ASAP...

Comment

I think in order for the tcu to give you the codes the shifter has to be in d4 when you pull them.
                  1993 Accord EX
                  2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Working...
                  X