Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

camber kit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camber kit question

My son needs to install a camber kit in his 90 Accord after dropping it. From a visual (very noticable) the front has neg. camber, the rear looks ok but it may also need some camber adj. From what I have read I found 2 types of kits, 1 of the kits replaces the ball joint in the upper control arm, the other I wasnt quite sure about but it appears that it bolts on where the upper control arm bolts to the inner fender then the control bolts to it ??? Anyway is one better than the other ? Are the others ?

TIA

I used the second type you said and after i took it to get aligned they said it wasnt enough. So now i have to get the ball joint one and take out the other ones.

'90 Accord EX(project)
    '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
    '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

The "anchor bolt" style kits are the safest ones to get. They usually have two types, one for a mild drop, and one for a very low drop.

Replacing the ball joint is not recommended, since it weakens the metal holding the ball joint in place. Usually, when the ball joint needs to be replaced, the whole upper control arm is replaced.

People have used the ball joint kits with no problems, but I'm wary of it myself.

There are also kits that replace the entire upper control arm. I forget who sells them, though... That's the route I want to go.

Comment

I used the second type myself. Had a little trouble getting it in, there isn't much clearance in there for tightening/loosening to adjust it. It works great though, couple weeks with it no complaints.

In the rear I used Megan Racing camber arms, those are a snap, three bolts and a little adjustment and your down the road, meganracing.com...check them out.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Working...
        X