Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I hate rain & curbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate rain & curbs

Sigh::

i just got my accord back from my guy who did a rebuild on my engine. just yesturday i was driving in the rain and a sharp left turn was ahead. i slowed down to about 20-25 mph and all of a sudden it slipped. The front passenger wheel slammed against the curb.

Damage:
    - hit the bottom of my steelie so it looks like it has positive camber
    - power steering feels loose ( like steering a ship )
    - needs alignment bad

Overall, i was able to drive 30 miles home with no problems. Something bent alright but im not sure what. I took it to firestone and now i have to get an estimate, but they didnt call back.

How much do you guys think this is guna cost me?

Ouch, something simular happened to my dads sentra a few years back, lucky with his just the rim was bent.

Not really sure that i can say what happened, but, if you haven't already pop off the tire, look around and see if can see anything, possibley take some pics?

also doesn't this cold as rain suck? JUST SNOW ALREADY lol
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by JunyAccord
      Sigh::

i just got my accord back from my guy who did a rebuild on my engine. just yesturday i was driving in the rain and a sharp left turn was ahead. i slowed down to about 20-25 mph and all of a sudden it slipped. The front passenger wheel slammed against the curb.

Damage:
      - hit the bottom of my steelie so it looks like it has positive camber
      - power steering feels loose ( like steering a ship )
      - needs alignment bad

Overall, i was able to drive 30 miles home with no problems. Something bent alright but im not sure what. I took it to firestone and now i have to get an estimate, but they didnt call back.

How much do you guys think this is guna cost me?
      i think its the axle. because the same thing happened to my friend. but he did it all himself. but i cant say how much itll cost. have no clue. but wish you luck lol.
      DONT SWEAT THE TECHNIQUE

Comment

Why do bad things happen to good drivers? There goes my "never got into an accident" bragging rights.

Yea ill keep you guys updated on the estimate and stuff, if they ever call. Im hoping its just the Lower ball joint.

Comment

Originally posted by birdmanCB7
          i think its the axle. because the same thing happened to my friend. but he did it all himself. but i cant say how much itll cost. have no clue. but wish you luck lol.
          I do know that axles from Advance Auto cost $87 and some change, tax included...that's each of course. Do the work yourself, you'll appreciate it more...and save lots!
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Speaking of sigs... aRaKNiD, yours takes up more than my entire screen. Shrink it, or I will.

Comment

Axle may be damaged, wheel bearing may be damaged, tie rod may be damaged, ball joints may be damaged. Honestly, it should ALL be replaced now. You may have bent a control arm as well.

If you can afford it, replace all that stuff on both sides. If it hasn't been done yet, the car is due for it anyway!

Comment

chances are its your Lower Control Arm. If Hit Hard enought then Axle. But LCA tends to go first. Ball Joint is next on the list. The only way to tell is to go under there and look. Also is the Wheel siting in the middle when you look at it from the side?If moved to the front or to the back. The LCA is definetly bent. You might even be able to get away with changing just that and not getting an alignment.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

The floaty steering may be due to a damaged tie rod... though that could be the crazy positive camber as well.

Comment

Everything depends on how hard it is hit. There is no way we can tell you what is bent, you need to go look at it.

Change the obvious and see what happens

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Working...
                  X