Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Radius Rod connects to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radius Rod connects to....

Ok, on one end you've got the lower contol arm, the other end of the radius rod connects to...a part of the chasis. Now, question is, that chasis part looks removable...as in it's not actually part of the frame (I'm hoping). Anyway...my problem, the ex borrowed my car and obviously had a hard time seeing a concrete curb that was low enough to miss the bumper but high enough to hit right where the front of the radius rods connect. Now the car just isn't right at all. Is that section indeed removable/replaceable? Impact was more on the passenger side as this piece was bent more on that side, and I estimate impact around 10mph. Perhaps this might have bent the radius rod? Apparently this also did something to my AT as it has a slight leak now. The feel of the steering is absolutely horrible now. I know I need new axles/cv joints, that was a problem before...any ideas on what I'm getting myself into now?
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Speaking of sigs... aRaKNiD, yours takes up more than my entire screen. Shrink it, or I will.

It connects to the front crossmember, and yes, it is removable. The alignment is probably off, and the frame MAY be damaged, depending on how hard things were hit. The transmission shouldn't be leaking due to the impact unless it was hit.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...6&page=1&pp=20

Comment

Originally posted by aRaKNiD
        my problem, the ex borrowed my car
        you said it best yourself

Comment

i just replaced my front crossmember like a week ago, whoever had my car before me fucked it all up. its not too hard to replace, unbolt the radius rods, 4 bolts to undo the croddmember, there was like a piece of my ac or somethin bolted to it and we couldnt get the bolts undone so we cut it, then un bolt your torque mount from the top, pull down the crossmemeber, unbolt the mount and put it on the new one, slide it all in place, line it up and bolt it in, i used a breaker bar to tighten it since i didnt have a torque wrench. my new cross member cost me 13 bucks at pull and save and included the radius rods. if you need anymore help let me know

Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #41

92 ex 5spd

Comment

Ok, on one end you've got the lower contol arm, the other end of the radius rod connects to...a part of the chasis. Now, question is, that chasis part looks removable...as in it's not actually part of the frame (I'm hoping). Anyway...my problem, the ex borrowed my car and obviously had a hard time seeing a concrete curb that was low enough to miss the bumper but high enough to hit right where the front of the radius rods connect. Now the car just isn't right at all. Is that section indeed removable/replaceable? Impact was more on the passenger side as this piece was bent more on that side, and I estimate impact around 10mph. Perhaps this might have bent the radius rod? Apparently this also did something to my AT as it has a slight leak now. The feel of the steering is absolutely horrible now. I know I need new axles/cv joints, that was a problem before...any ideas on what I'm getting myself into now?
            Something similar happened to me july last year. Wet road, left curb, little faster than i supposed to... BAM, hit a Lincoln navigator.
            But not before I hit some curb side on with my right wheel.

My only problem was the lower arm support that was a little bit bent, placing the wheel close to the mudflap.

I replace the lower arm control and the axle, re align the wheels and everything get back on the place.

Check carefully the lower arm to see if it's not bent.
            a little bit make A LOT of difference. 1/4 of an inch will take to feel a big difference on the alignment. And it's really easy to fix.

Good Luck !

Barrabas !!!

Short ram intake, rasonator, muffler change and 4-2-1 exaust for $25 from the Junky, arospeed coilover springs and ex-jarhead gold 15th Anniversary rims. More mods to come soon !

Comment

It connects to the front crossmember, and yes, it is removable. The alignment is probably off, and the frame MAY be damaged, depending on how hard things were hit. The transmission shouldn't be leaking due to the impact unless it was hit.

Whatever you call where the crossmember mounts to, you can tell a difference between the driver and passenger sides, also, I've noticed that my hood has to be slammed now to latch, used to, I could kinda just "drop" it and it would latch, now when I do that, the passenger side doesn't wanna go down all the way. The crossmember did indeed get pushed back into the tranny as you can see from the photos which must have caused the seal to leak. Now...my question is, can anyone tell from the photos and my discription of what's going on...do you think the frame is warped?

Last edited by aRaKNiD; 11-14-2007, 06:06 PM.
              Speaking of sigs... aRaKNiD, yours takes up more than my entire screen. Shrink it, or I will.

Comment

there is a very real possibilities that there is some serious frame damage... it sounds as if the entire front end has been affected by the fact that you now have to slam the hood, and it still doesn't align correctly. good luck.
                Seattle Silver crew #5
                Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Assuming there is a problem with the frame...I suppose it's junk? You'd think a frame would hold up to more than a 10mph impact...

Comment

It does, when the 10mph impact isn't on the cross member...... 1 of 2 bars aligning the driver side to the passenger side.

Not only that, but load flows to the stiffist location, so she just instantly stopped ~1.5 tons of car going 10 mph. in which all the force went to the left side... its bent for sure i can tell by the bolt
                    Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

So...my car is pretty much junk?

Comment

So...my car is pretty much junk?
                        It's really sad to see it happening. Even more sad, be the owner of the CB.

I don't know much about frame work but my father is a body shop retired.
                        I am going to explaim him the situation and show him your pics and see if can be placed in the machine (or even if it's worth doing it). I will come back with some answers soon ok !

Barrabas !!!

Short ram intake, rasonator, muffler change and 4-2-1 exaust for $25 from the Junky, arospeed coilover springs and ex-jarhead gold 15th Anniversary rims. More mods to come soon !

Comment

This keeps getting better and better. Last night I learned my rear-window defrost no longer comes on when you press the button. Heh...gotta love the electrical ones. Guess I start at the fuses and work my way through.
                          Last edited by aRaKNiD; 11-16-2007, 10:34 AM.

Comment

The frame is indeed bent...but one thing about it, gotta love these Hondas because even with it bent and the car out of alignment, I just drove it 800 miles from Monroe, LA back home to Morristown, TN and still got 25+mpg! Passenger front tire didn't wear too bad either.

Comment

I was actually looking the car over again and noticed that on the driver side, if I hold my hand out flat and in a vertical position it fits between the fender well and the rear of the tire. Now on the passenger side where the impace took place, my hand won't fit behind the tire. Now...could just the frame being bent cause this or is there more under there screwed? I've popped the wheel and examined everything...seems fine. Perhaps where the cross member was pushed back into the tranny, it's pushed it back as well causing the axle to be placed further back? Guess if she can't be fixed I'll drive her till the wheels fall off!

Comment

Working...
                              X