Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Exhaust header question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust header question

So i talked to the guy on ebay today, he is sending me a set of gaskets that should be here by next monday or something. My question is, The ebay exhaust headers we sometimes get conned into getting, do they have a ring to them, more then the stock manifold cause they are bigger, and much thinner metal, cause its almost like i have a leak that i can hear, until my intake kicks in when i cant hear it no more, I cant hear it in neutral, but only in drive, if i rev it a bit while in drive, i can hear it as well, its amost like an exhaust leak. IM starting to think its all the gaskets on this thing needs to be replaced, and maybe the ECU remapped because of the airflow gain, i notice my MPG went down a fair ammount. Any suggestions/comments on this?
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

An exhaust leak (if bad) is usually pretty noticeable in the sound it makes, you might have a minor leak, which isent too bad, but it will get worse

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Ahhh man, i guess im going to repalce all my gaskets for my entire exhaust system on the weekend. anything less is just a load of problems.

Comment

Twin loop? Uhhh your gonna have to give more details... if your talkin about the H22 in Mozzandherb's pic, its a Turbocharged H22. Otherwise supply a pic please. thanks.

Comment

if you start it up, it should make a sound like air is escaping somewhere. and when you find it, weld it.

ebay headers are know to have problems. cus chinese welds suck. sorry guys. and no offence.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Actually the welds on this thing is good, no complaints on that, its just the damn gaskets. i checked all the welds myself before i put it on, no holes or anything with my light inside the header, and the downpipe seems sturdy. I wonder if maybe the flex pipe would do this if the holes were too big... i just cant seem to find any friggin gaskets for this thing that are half decent...i need 2 of them, the manifold to downpipe, and downpipe to cat, they are not stock gaskets so yeah... gonna be hard to find.

Comment

wait so when you got the exhaust off ebay you didnt put any gaskets there?
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by eulogy_1981
                what do you guys thing of the twin loop exhaust on a cb7 with an h22?
                lol thread jack.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'll never understand that... "Let me bring up this totally unrelated subject in the middle of this thread"

Anyway, if there are no gaskets, then that's definitely why. If there are gaskets, they might be cheapies. You get what you pay for when it comes to cheap ebay crap. If you're getting new gaskets of the same kind, it'll probably give you similar results. Deal with it, or spend the money for a better part.

Also, getting the "ECU remapped" isn't as easy as you think. Nobody really tunes the F22A with simple bolt-ons, so you'd have to start from scratch.

Comment

Someone did it once I think he gained 3whp or so lol. You can use that gasket maker crap for exhaust.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                    X